ngss

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mo wannabe

ngss

Post by Mo wannabe »

what does this stand for? i have seen several people refer to it and was curios what it stood for
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Ont_Excal

Re: ngss

Post by Ont_Excal »

Next Generation Science Standards

http://www.cascience.org/csta/ngss.asp
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Only a guess mind you, but I think NewGuy String Stop. It was a Canadian answer to the STS that had too long of rods....great bumpers.

Ask New Guy or PydPiper about them...........
"Eze 18:21"
TPM

Post by TPM »

I believe it was New Guy Sting Suppresor.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It stands for a marvel of modern engineering! No longer offered and any in exsistance are considered priceless.

A really good string stopper if ya catch my drift :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Before the S5 was around there was a company called ducks and bucks or something like that. They made a very crude string stopping system that required a hacksaw and elbow grease to get installed properly.
NewGuy came out with an amazing alternative, a fully adjustable string stopping system, and offered them at a great price for something so well engineered. That is the NGSS.
Problem was, another member here was trying to get the Canadian rights to distribution for the junk stopper from the USA. Said member went on many rants about how the NGSS was a clone, talked about law suits and all kinds of other crap to belittle Newguys attempts to provide a great product.
Once Excalibur came out with their version all the ranting stopped because the Excalibur S5 was also very similar to the original design, he didn't have the nads to keep up with his rambeling about it being a clone on Excaliburs own site.
In fact, Newguys stopper system was not a clone, it was a refined version of something that was very beneficial to a bow, a very unique approach at allowing a person to customize their Excalibur.
The guy that did all the ranting about how it was a clone, and pressured Newguy in to stopping production keeps to higher standards though, and would never consider taking an existing piece of equipment and making it better, because that would make him a hypocrite.

Here is the NGSS, what makes it spectacular is that once you pick your brace height you simply turn an Allen key and the bumpers would drop right in to place, no muss, no fuss.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Love mine.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Pydpiper wrote: Problem was, another member here was trying to get the Canadian rights to distribution for the junk stopper from the USA. Said member went on many rants about how the NGSS was a clone, talked about law suits and all kinds of other crap to belittle Newguys attempts to provide a great product.
Once Excalibur came out with their version all the ranting stopped because the Excalibur S5 was also very similar to the original design, he didn't have the nads to keep up with his rambeling about it being a clone on Excaliburs own site.
In fact, Newguys stopper system was not a clone, it was a refined version of something that was very beneficial to a bow, a very unique approach at allowing a person to customize their Excalibur.
The guy that did all the ranting about how it was a clone, and pressured Newguy in to stopping production keeps to higher standards though, and would never consider taking an existing piece of equipment and making it better, because that would make him a hypocrite.
Some of what is quoted is not true and some is twisted. The only thing that is true is that Newguy came out with a "refined" version of the STS that Bill Troubridge rejected because of patent infringments on the adjustability of the string stopper. The original string stopper was first brought out by someone else a long time ago.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Well. always something to learn around here.
Now there are string stoppers on every bow out there, both horizontal and vertical.
When I look at my S5. They look just fine.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Nice edit from the original response. :D

It wasn't BillT that pressured him in to backing off, it was you. Everyone that read your website before the launch of the S5 will remember the first page, whole paragraph rant you had about the NGSS, you put a picture of it beside a STS and then in big ol' capitol letters you went on about how it was a "CLONE".
I do not know the ongoing of what transpired between Bill and Chris, that was above the forum level and not my business, but what happens on the open forum is, and I have a good memory.
You brought up lawsuits on more than on occasion, and went out of your way to make sure the product could never be discussed civilly.
Fact is, no other person has made more profit off the members here than you, by doing the same thing. Taking an existing product and altering it just enough to call it "yours" (string, triggers), and somehow you manage to think that is different than what Newguy was doing.
Right from the beginning when Mike P did his review:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=26681
You went sour, you weren't in the spotlight for a bit, even though he mentioned you in his review. It was right after this review that you took a low shot at him, and caused one of the most articulate writers, and givers to the forum to pack up and leave. Mind you, he pissed off a few guys on the way out, but that's another story.
My point is simply that since day 1 you have been turning a profit off of this forum, and continue to take existing products and alter them, for profit. I shoot one of your strings, and I will also shoot one of your triggers even though I know your going to try to stop that (yes, I have seen some of your PM's to others).
What happened then was wrong, it was all about money and that stole something from the soul of this forum, it cost us the majority of our core members and changed the path of this board.
I guess it is just good fortune that nobody is complaining to Excalibur that they are getting second rate triggers from the factory, seems odd to come to a company's forum and tell a company that claims to make the best crossbow that you can make it better, then profit from it, on their own turf..
Your original response to my post was "None of it is true, that's all I am saying.." Now it's "twisted" and "some of it is not true", you know as well as I do that is exactly what happened then, and what is happening now, money.
Nothing twisted, nothing fabricated, just the facts.
I have read a few of the messages you have sent, been told about some of the calls you have made to isolate me, but as you can see, it didn't work. :D I'm not bitter, I just have a bad habit of pointing out the obvious. Unlike you, I don't do it behind peoples backs.

The NGSS should have been available to the members here, without the bellyaching. Sure hope this answered the OP's original question. Next topic please..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
lscha

Post by lscha »

Mo wannabe wrote:what does this stand for? i have seen several people refer to it and was curios what it stood for
Aren't you glad you asked???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, so are we. :roll:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

When I spoke to newguy last night he was hoping that this thread was gonna die. Instead it's just gotten much worse.

I also told him I was gonna insult him, just for poops and ha haa's, so Chris, your face resembles a hyenas heinie. :mrgreen:

Die thread, DIE!!!!!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

No one ever shut down my bowfloatie's. HMMMMM :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

We shalt all move on now.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355