3 blade BH's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kenspiel

3 blade BH's

Post by kenspiel »

I just happened to notice on my box of Excal arrows - it suggest using the smaller 3 blade BH's for bette accuracy.

What do you think?
onebigskittle

Re: 3 blade BH's

Post by onebigskittle »

Go with what is recommended and you will have no problems
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I think we kill via blood loss. What is going to bleed out quicker when all other variables are the same, a small head or a large head?

On fixed bladed broadheads, the smaller heads have less of a chance to plane and get thrown off course.

The trick is in the building of the arrow. If you are really bad at building an arrow, then I suggest that you use a large cut mechanical(there are some great ones on the market). A mechanical has the best chance of hitting the target in hunting conditions and are more user friendly.

The faster your bow shoots, the less amount of wind you need to catch with your broadhead in order to throw your arrow out of the kill zone. With some of the thin bladed broadheads, the simple act of pulling them out of the target can bend them enough to throw the arrow off target and it's not easy to see that bend with the naked eye. The faster your projectile speed, the more precise that projectile needs to be.

So . . .you really need to decide on a broadhead that works for you. Figure out what that broadhead can do and what it can not do, then hunt accordingly.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

I like 3 blade mechanicals.
I think its a matter of personal choice.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Some sure enuff good 3 bladed BH's out there & some sure good 4 bladed BH's out there!
Last edited by vixenmaster on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

The best looking fixed blade broadhead I've seen lately is the QAD Exodus Swept Back head with 1 1/4 cut and they shoot like field points.Its still hard to beat a Slick Trick though.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads