Love my Axiom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hemlock Ranger

Love my Axiom

Post by Hemlock Ranger »

I have taken two does and a six point buck this season. Tomorrow I will take my 90 yr. old dad out for the last day of deer, Then I will be bear hunting the rest of the week. This bow is pure pleasure to shoot, and pleasing to look at while on stand. This may be considered to be an entry level crossbow, but I think it makes my entry level brand x look like junk. Congrats to all of the successful arrow slingers, Tom
Ont_Excal

Re: Love my Axiom

Post by Ont_Excal »

I know I enjoy my excal.
BTW, I like your handle!! :wink: :D
Last edited by Ont_Excal on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
maple

Post by maple »

Good stuff!

But that isn't any entry level bow you've got there. That'll put a bolt through any game around here and keep going.

Hunt away.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well you jus gotsid a fine model Excal & congrats on gettin all them Tick Toters
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D they are great!!! i have so much fun shooting my axiom, can't wait till i take something with it.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The Axiom is a fine bow for sure. Good luck to your dad and to you on your bear hunt. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Hemlock Ranger

Re: Love my Axiom-Pics Added!

Post by Hemlock Ranger »

I thought killing my buck when he responded to my calling and approached my decoy in classic fashion was about all the excitement I could stand. Tonight my Dad made a perfect 20 yard shot on a young buck with my axiom!!!!!!! He walks with two canes. He has a pacemaker, two replaced hips, one replaced knee and needs the other one done. He was also diagnosed with colon cancer nearly 2 years ago. I have to help him to the blind and get set up, but the shooting is all him. He is a w.w.2 veteran and it was an honor for me to celebrate veterans day in this way with him. I am very proud of him. Thanks for reading, Tom

My buck skull ready for European Mount: Image

My Dad and his Buck: Image
Last edited by Hemlock Ranger on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Hemlock Ranger wrote:I thought killing my buck when he responded to my calling and approached my decoy in classic fashion was about all the excitement I could stand. Tonight my Dad made a perfect 20 yard shot on a young buck with my axiom!!!!!!! He walks with two canes. He has a pacemaker, two replaced hips, one replaced knee and needs the other one done. He was also diagnosed with colon cancer nearly 2 years ago. I have to help him to the blind and get set up, but the shooting is all him. He is a w.w.2 veteran and it was an honor for me to celebrate veterans day in this way with him. I am very proud of him. Thanks for reading, Tom
Congrats to your dad and cherish those memories. I guess I'm lucky 'cause my dad and I shared a lot of good huntin' memories.I hope Colton has as fond of memories of huntin' with me as I do huntin' with dad.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

That was awesome congrats to getting your dad out there and letting him put another notch on the Axiom.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D the axiom takes another!!! that's great to hear. tell him congat's.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Congrats to u & your dad. I hope u get to share many more hunts together. I could not think of a better way to spend Veterans Day in your case
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
maple

Post by maple »

Congratulations to you and your dad!!!! What a go-getter he must be!

Hope you didn't make him drag.