Sad story

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Sad story

Post by MADMAX2 »

Very sad story close to my hunting grounds!!

A reminder for us to alway's identify clearly before shooting.

Veteran outdoorsman Peter Kosid has been killed in a hunting accident on the Six Nations Reserve.

Six Nations police found the 28-year-old in a field east of 2907 Third Line Road around 8 a.m. Sunday.

Sabina Marrone said her fiancé was hunting on the property of a family friend when he was shot in the back.

Police said another deer hunter fired into the trees from the road, hitting a male bow hunter about 375 metres away.

The investigation continues with the help of OPP forensic experts.

Six Nations Const. Derrick Anderson said the shooting death happened on the reserve, but added police are still investigating whether the men were hunting legally.

He wouldn’t reveal what kind of gun killed Kosid because the information is part of the investigation.

Marrone said her fiancé regularly used a traditional bow to hunt deer on the Six Nations property with permission from the owner.

An emotional Marrone said she is still struggling to understand how the “senseless tragedy” happened.
The best things in life are not things!!
lvt01

Re: Sad story

Post by lvt01 »

Man I hate to hear of things like that happening. Bad for all involved.
strum

Post by strum »

man thats a terrible thing to happen ,,i lift up his family in prayer
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

So sorry to hear about that. May God be with the family.
bugs

Post by bugs »

A sad story but both parties broke a law here, one was not able to clearly identify his target and the other was bow hunting during gun season yet that is not mentioned in the media.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

What does it matter what the victim was doing. The shooter, I won't use the term hunter, in this case was shooting from a road lined with houses onto property he didn't have permission to hunt on. Could have just as easily been the land owner or a person out for a walk that was killed.
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

As per CBC

Stan Jonathan, 57, a Six Nations hockey legend who once played for the Boston Bruins, is charged with criminal negligence causing death in the hunting death of Hamilton Mountain resident Peter Kosid.

Kosid was wearing camouflage and was bow hunting on a friend's property around 8 a.m. on Nov. 11. He was shot and killed along Third Line Road, said Const. Derrick Anderson from Six Nations Police.

Jonathan was deer hunting when he fired the shot into an area of bush. The bullet travelled about 375 metres. Jonathan went over to investigate and police were called, Anderson said.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

So many things to say but words fail me. My thoughts are with the young family of Kosid.

..Shot in the back with a .270 from a roadway...

http://m.thespec.com/news/local/article ... ting-death
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Tragic indeed.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
rayman

Post by rayman »

I know how the victim's family feels unfortunately.

My nephew is coming to hunt with me this weekend. I make him wait until he is in the stand to chamber a round and take it out before coming down. Even though I have coached him very hard on safety, that poor kid scares me to death. I'm his only shot at doing anything other than playing xbox, but it makes me wonder whether it's worth the risk.
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

rayman wrote:...but it makes me wonder whether it's worth the risk.
My Grandfather (who was an avid outdoorsman) passed away before I ever got a chance to learn anything from him... Everything I've accomplished up to this point has basically been on my own. I think about it every day, how much he could have taught me...

Ray, teach that kid everything you know... If it's in his blood, I have absolutely no doubt he will thank you later.
bugs

Post by bugs »

OldSkool wrote:What does it matter what the victim was doing. The shooter, I won't use the term hunter, in this case was shooting from a road lined with houses onto property he didn't have permission to hunt on. Could have just as easily been the land owner or a person out for a walk that was killed.
I didnt say the shooter was not wrong I said he clearly didnt identify his target but both hunters broke the law here, just because it ended in tragedy doesnt mean that point should be neglected or we would have all been bow hunting last week in our camo while all the gunners in orange. I know the Rez has their own rules and many I know down there dont like to hunt even on their own property because of too many people using rifles and crossing property lines.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

This is sad prayers for the victim are lifted up.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I hate hearing stories like this one. My thoughts are with all touched by this tragedy. :(
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

Yes it is tragedy indeed.Now that being sad if it was an open season for gun then he shouldn't have been in camo he should have been wearing orange.
I have no idea of the laws on the reservation concerning hunting with a rifle if it is legal or not however if it was a 375 meter shot then I'm guessing he had a scope on his rifle so I'd say he failed to identify his target,,,a tragedy non the less.