Antler Plaques

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woodspike

Antler Plaques

Post by Woodspike »

Curious if we have any carpenters or taxidermists on the forum here who make their own plaques.
Not looking for anything fancy, I'd just prefer to support our own, rather than Cabelas or Gander Mountain.

Lemme know.
-woods
DuckHunt

Re: Antler Plaques

Post by DuckHunt »

Until this past season I made all of my own dating back more than 25 years. I even fashioned a panel for a european style mount with the base in the shape of an old arrowhead complete with a routed serrated edge.

Then I found http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/. What I would spend a half day working on in the shop can now be had in pristine fashion made out of actual oak or walnut instead of stained pine. Normal panels are quite cheap for a simple horn mount. I picked up three of their oak wall mount arrowhead panels for my last three european mounts and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes you have to know when to spend a few dollars to save far more in time.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Wow... Great prices, and selection! Thanks for the link, Duck! :)
gtonini

Post by gtonini »

I have a cnc router in my garage any type of specific design or pattern that your looking foe. I made myself a arrowhead one for the buck I just got as soon as the stain dries I'll post a pic.
Rev X
Boo String
Rev X arrows
Swacker 150 grain
3x9 leuopold scope
Normous

Post by Normous »

Contact Roly (Rick) here on the forum, he makes some awesome wood plaques. The two he made for me always get compliments.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Woodspike wrote:Wow... Great prices, and selection! Thanks for the link, Duck! :)
Their basic plaques are very reasonable. I spent a few more bucks and got these (pun not intended).
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

Just gotta add this. With any piece of wood, a little imagination and a bit of effort you can come up with something unique! Yes, that is a toilet seat.