Butt-Out 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woodspike

Butt-Out 2

Post by Woodspike »

If you don't have this tool in your bag, please go out and buy it.
I picked one up a few days ago after my field dressing frustration level reached its peak.
My cousin called me this afternoon, said he got a doe that he needed help tracking. I told him sure (good excuse to try out the new tool)
Found the deer within 10 minutes, and I had her dressed in about 5.

That small piece of plastic takes a "pain in the arse" job, and makes it not only easier, but quicker and cleaner... Aside from a sharp knife, flashlight, and compass, there is no other tool that will have such a welcome place in my huntin pack.
Well worth the $10 investment.

-Woods.
vixenmaster

Re: Butt-Out 2

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't mean to highjack yer thread. An old Indian taught me a simple trick on the colon of big game. You drag all the guts out grab the colon slowly bring offal back to stomach area. Take yer knife cut it & tie 2 knots in the end no poop will come into body cavity. I have done it all me life cept when i am real lazy, then i jus use a bread wrapper tie & not tie 2 knots :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

I suppose everyone has a way that works best for them. I was just beyond pleased with the results, and thought I'd share.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to know. I have one in my pack but haven't used it yet...hopefully soon. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
birddog10

Post by birddog10 »

I don't know. I've heard they work well but just can't bring myself to buy a product called "butt-out". Maybe I need to watch a you-tube video of it being used or something, to be completely sold on it.
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

birddog10 wrote:I don't know. I've heard they work well but just can't bring myself to buy a product called "butt-out". Maybe I need to watch a you-tube video of it being used or something, to be completely sold on it.
Because "Spiked Anal Probe and Extraction Device" sounds so much better?
Once you get past the weird looks you get from the cute girl behind the cash register, it really isn't all that bad.
roly

Post by roly »

Well worth the investment

I always check my pack to make sure it's in there.

Of all the silly things I've bought over the years
this was one that was a great find.

Your right about the name though.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i have never taken out that last 12" of intestine that is attached to the outer skin, when i field dress any of my deer it just stays there....where it hangs inside while my deer hangs rear legs up there is no meat there to taint if a pellet touches any meat....besides that split second that turd hits any meat on it's way to the ribs cage wouldn't taint anything....i guess that puts that into the 3 second rule for food dropped on the floor :lol: ....i think i would want my deer meat touches by a veggie turd then somethings that might be on any floor one might use that 3 second rule thingy :lol: ....back on track and to say i never had any nasty tasting venison.......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

If y'all ever gt to were you field dress Southern style, you pull the hide off w/ golf ball and 4 whlr, just tie it off and cut behind tie............. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

"golf ball and 4 whlr"
Please tell me there is video of this somewhere.
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

Guess you can say deer might be a bit bigger here. It's a tennis ball here in Canada!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I bought one when they first came out a few years ago as a joke but quickly realized they work Great.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I never go hunting without that handy .Makes field dressing much quicker and easier Dang good idea from whoever dreamt that one up
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
rander3141

Post by rander3141 »

I've never felt a need for it, I tie knot in the intestines and cut around the anus like an Apple core and pull it all out from the back. Takes about one minute
2012 Eclipse XT
Firebolts with Luminocks
125 gr Rage broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bought the original when it first came out. It works great.....I just wish I thought of it and marketed it. That guy must be like the guy who invented the frisbee....millionaire off of a super simple idea.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><