Arrows testers needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Arrows testers needed

Post by Boo »

Masboy wrote:thanks anyway JT but I don,t think I,m the kind of tester he,s looking for.I don,t even know what a spreadsheet is? I,m not very good with words or writing but everyone already knows that! but i do know how to get my excaliburs to shoot great groups with arrows I make.
Frank, you are exactly the type of tester I want. I didn't mention a spreadsheet and I don't know how to make one either. I need a good nit picking shooter and that's you! Send an email to my [email protected] address.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

JT of PA wrote:Anyone know if the Black Eagle Executioner arrow is the same or similar to the Black Eagle Accuspine arrow on the CamX website?

Reading both arrow descriptions; it looks like the Accuspine model has a bit more quality control with spine indexing and matching.
Yes they are. I believe they also make arrows for Muddy Waters/Harvest Time.
Boo

Post by Boo »

randyxx75 wrote:Boo, aren't these basically Accuspines ? , made by Black Eagle Archery for Cam-X crossbows?
Except the Accuspines are spine matched and indexed and fletched accordingly.. they only do that for Cam-X , I'm told ...
I tested them for several weeks for Dave with different fletching combos out of my SZ 380 @50-60 yds. 378 fps., very accurate! and the development of the lock and load inserts were a great improvement !! they rock !!
They come with glued in brass inserts.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'll be going to Ohio for a week long hunt next week but when I get back I will start locating the prefered cock vane position on all the arrows because I want Frank impressed. :mrgreen:
Boo

Post by Boo »

JT of PA wrote:Boo - Thank You for making this project possible to the forum. I look forward to the results. All the best on your knowledge quest.
You are welcome. If we as a group don't bring to light products and methodologies that might be better we'll never improve.
mb5200

Post by mb5200 »

I can't do any fletching but can give you a accurate comparison with the firebolts/150gr set up if you need. Totally new to x-bows this year but 2for2 with my equinox so far
Boo

Post by Boo »

Because most of us carry 4 arrows I've decided to change the number of arras to 4. :mrgreen:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'm in but I'll need a trigger, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Normous

Post by Normous »

awshucks wrote:I'm in but I'll need a trigger, lol.
I'm with you Dan, but only on the trigger :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
montana4me

Post by montana4me »

I just bought a half dozen of these arrows. I'll test them but don't want to be obligated to do it in a month. Thx for the tip on good arrows/bolts. :D
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes!
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

randyxx75 wrote: and the development of the lock and load inserts were a great improvement !! they rock !!

Randy - I have been using six of the lock-n-load inserts, (for about a month) and so far very pleased with them. Using them with Firebolt shafts and Gold Tip Laser Pro 2 & 3 series. Have you had any problems with them loosening up? Thanks, John
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

montana4me wrote:I just bought a half dozen of these arrows. I'll test them but don't want to be obligated to do it in a month. Thx for the tip on good arrows/bolts. :D
Look forward to reading about how these arrows are doing for you. Read about them on the CamX website when ordering some of the Lock-N-Load crossbow inserts. These shafts are on my Christmas list. Was not sure if there was a difference from the Accuspine model on CamX website or the Executioner model on the Black Eagle Arrow website. Did you get the Accuspine or Executioner model? All the best, John
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo, I would love to test arrows if you still need someone.I can only shoot to 50 yrds at the lease( not near that much room in town) so the long range stuff would have to be on weekends.
chinook

Post by chinook »

I know I am a noob here and to crossbows, but I am a very capable shot. I also do a lot of rifle shooting and recently retired form the Army. You can check my "feedback" on ar15.com and theakforum.net. I would love to help out and broaden my crossbow experience at the same time. Please let me know If I can be of any service.

Thanks

Barry
Bones

Post by Bones »

Still no answer on the ones he got? I picked the straightness of .001 over .003 Why they offer 2 different model's at different pricing is beyond me when they are that close. Thought he might disclose that info??