Arrows testers needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Arrows testers needed

Post by Boo »

I need a few arrow testers that are very capable shooters. They will have to post their results and compare them to their present arrows using photos and measurements. I want to know about accuracy, appearance, ease of extraction and anything else you notice.
You must be able to shoot to 50 yards or more with great precision.
You will have to be able to refletch.

I will supply you with 3 brand new arrows and enough Bohning Blazers. I will also square the front inserts.

Previous people who received test strings and either didn't post or posted very little need not apply. Each time I do a test here it costs me a good chunk of change so I want results.

The arrows are bought by me from Black Eagle Arrows. They are 100% carbon fiber and have a 95 gr brass insert installed. I am not a dealer or a distributor of these arrows nor do I have any interests in the company. The purpose of this test is for fun and to expose you good people to something new and what I think is good.
If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to post. If you are interested please send me an email to [email protected] with your name and shipping info. Please do not apply if you are not 100% commited to doing this test properly and in good time. I would like the results within a month of receiving the arrows.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bones

Re: Arrows testers needed

Post by Bones »

Dam I just placed an order for those thing's a couple day's ago. did you get the .001 or .003 ones? The 20'' has a 92 gr. insert while the 22' has 112. The review's seem good to great on them ! What target's are you wanting to know about extraction out of?
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

how are these black eagle arrows as far as weight ? I use super slams and they are all close in weight in a dozen and most time are within one grain of each other. the gt11 are most times off up to 5 grains in a dozen shafts . firebolts not much better .I was reading some imfo on them and inside dia .300 so will be able to use gt11 brass inserts and nocks same as the firebolts also.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Boo

Post by Boo »

Bones wrote:Dam I just placed an order for those thing's a couple day's ago. did you get the .001 or .003 ones? The 20'' has a 92 gr. insert while the 22' has 112. The review's seem good to great on them ! What target's are you wanting to know about extraction out of?
I am only sending 3.
The weight of the inserts is better than 110 gr which is a real plus for these arrows. These people make arrows for Camx and Muddy Waters/Harvest Time so you know the quality is good. I sent some to Danny Miller and he had his big 3D shooters shoot them for approval. They've all said that these are the arrows to switch to. Hence this test.
Anyone wanting some wraps for fletching should let me know when you send an email.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

that,s great if they come in a straitness of.001 that,s the same as the super slams and the same components fit 2114,2117,firebolts,gt11. would be nice to have a good strait carbon arrow to tinker with that uses all the same components I use in all my arrows.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Boo wrote:
Bones wrote:Dam I just placed an order for those thing's a couple day's ago. did you get the .001 or .003 ones? The 20'' has a 92 gr. insert while the 22' has 112. The review's seem good to great on them ! What target's are you wanting to know about extraction out of?
I am only sending 3.
The weight of the inserts is better than 110 gr which is a real plus for these arrows. These people make arrows for Camx and Muddy Waters/Harvest Time so you know the quality is good. I sent some to Danny Miller and he had his big 3D shooters shoot them for approval. They've all said that these are the arrows to switch to. Hence this test.
Anyone wanting some wraps for fletching should let me know when you send an email.
Did you get the 001 or 003 straightness? Better than 110gr insert? Or the 92 gr. ? Because you did say 95 gr. I didn't see that when I ordered? I ordered the 001 with 92 insert's . What targets do you want them shot into?
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Masboy - I cannot shoot past 37 yards at this time. However, if you need some help with Boo's offer just send me a PM. I'm great with spreadsheets. :)
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

thanks anyway JT but I don,t think I,m the kind of tester he,s looking for.I don,t even know what a spreadsheet is? I,m not very good with words or writing but everyone already knows that! but i do know how to get my excaliburs to shoot great groups with arrows I make.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

No problem ... I was ready to break out the lab coat and calipers. :lol:
Last edited by JT of PA on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Anyone know if the Black Eagle Executioner arrow is the same or similar to the Black Eagle Accuspine arrow on the CamX website?

Reading both arrow descriptions; it looks like the Accuspine model has a bit more quality control with spine indexing and matching.
Last edited by JT of PA on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Masboy wrote:but i do know how to get my excaliburs to shoot great groups with arrows I make.
That you do. :)
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Boo - Thank You for making this project possible to the forum. I look forward to the results. All the best on your knowledge quest.
randyxx75

Post by randyxx75 »

Boo, aren't these basically Accuspines ? , made by Black Eagle Archery for Cam-X crossbows?
Except the Accuspines are spine matched and indexed and fletched accordingly.. they only do that for Cam-X , I'm told ...
I tested them for several weeks for Dave with different fletching combos out of my SZ 380 @50-60 yds. 378 fps., very accurate! and the development of the lock and load inserts were a great improvement !! they rock !!
Micro nightmare
Solution LS 390
Matrix 380
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bones wrote:
Boo wrote:
I am only sending 3.
Did you get the 001 or 003 straightness? Better than 110gr insert? Or the 92 gr. ? Because you did say 95 gr. I didn't see that when I ordered? I ordered the 001 with 92 insert's . What targets do you want them shot into?
My applogies for the typo. Yes 92 gr for the 20" which is better than the standard 110 from Gold Tip.