Arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

stoneycreekhunter

Arrows

Post by stoneycreekhunter »

What are the best arrows for my Excalibur? I currently use the excalibur fire bolts (4 inch veins) but was wondering if a better, reasonably priced, arrow exists?

Thx. Mino
joe171

Re: Arrows

Post by joe171 »

Stoney creekhunter
I have 3 dozen of the excal arrows that I have striped of the stock fletching and replaced with Bohnong 2 inch fletching
they make a good arrow made by Easton but I believe they can be improved upon
Joe171
Boo

Post by Boo »

stoneycreekhunter wrote:What are the best arrows for my Excalibur? I currently use the excalibur fire bolts (4 inch veins) but was wondering if a better, reasonably priced, arrow exists?

Thx. Mino
Define better. There is an amazing number of choices.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
stoneycreekhunter

Post by stoneycreekhunter »

Boo wrote: Define better. There is an amazing number of choices.
I'm just wondering what other options there are besides the firebolts that can help me get better groupings with my exocet.

Firebolts are all I've ever used.

Thx.
Last edited by stoneycreekhunter on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

stoneycreekhunter wrote:
Boo wrote: Define better. There is an amazing number of choices.

I'm just wondering what other options there are besides the firebolts that can help me get better groupings with my exocet.

Thx.
The biggest improvements to the arrows accuracy will come from more offset in fletching and or more FOC (brass front insert). Both act to guide the arrow better and both act to compensate for inconsistencies in your arrow shaft.
I like the Carbon Express Maxima Hunters. Some like the Gold Tip Pros. The best just might come from aluminum arrows.
Either way use Bohning Blazers.
Last edited by Boo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

These arrows come to mind when somebody asks about a better arrow. I plan on getting some soon. They are pricey though, they want $75.00 for a half dozen.
Check out http://www.camxcrossbows.com/cgi/commer ... key=ACU20F

"ACU20F ACCUSPINE Carbon Crossbow hunting arrows have been exclusively Spine Indexed and Matched to insure shot to shot and arrow to arrow accuracy unlike no other. ACCUSPINE Carbon arrows offer the hunter added durability and penetrating power without sacrificing accuracy. Premium grade carbon materials are formed into arrow shafts that are supplied with a straightness of +/-0.001. Hand fletched and offset with 2.75 inches long Goat Tough Products Opti-Vane II vanes for added guidance and security you can rest assured that these arrows will deliver the accuracy, energy and penetration you need to harvest BIG results. 20" ACCUSPINE Flat Back arrows are supplied with 17.7 % FOC and weigh 410 grains with the supplied 100gr. bullet style practice point. Our process for matching arrows and insuring consistence from arrow to arrow is unlike no other in the industry. Think of them as bench rest grade hand loads for your crossbow! Supplied 6 arrows to the pack with 100gr practice points, 92 grain Lock-n-Load inserts and Aluminum Flat Back Caps."
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

reasonably priced = aluminum. Make then yourself even better.
Out of my 175# they shoot fantasic. I hunt and target shoot with them.

Currently 2216 with 125g broard heads.

Play around you mey find something different.

In the past I shot:
Gold Tips II.
Beamens Thunder Bolts.
Easton 2219
Easton 2219, 22" long
Easton 2216.
With 2" blazers
Tried them all with brass insert also.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I'm not married to them but. The accuspine arrows from camx are some good ones. I bought shafts and fletched them with aae max hunters with a good helical. I also because of the cost added more cost and went with fire nocks. They make finding shot arrows a lot simpler. I have shot these arrows out of a Ibex and y25. They are the stiffest arrow I know of and are spine tested and marked. Like I said not cheep but they shoot good. Yea I found some fire nock In the classifieds for $35 for 3 and 3 practice nocks. That helped to keep the cost down.
joe171

Post by joe171 »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:These arrows come to mind when somebody asks about a better arrow. I plan on getting some soon. They are pricey though, they want $75.00 for a half dozen.

"ACU20F ACCUSPINE Carbon Crossbow hunting arrows have been exclusively Spine Indexed and Matched to insure shot to shot and arrow to arrow accuracy unlike no other. ACCUSPINE Carbon arrows offer the hunter added durability and penetrating power without sacrificing accuracy. Premium grade carbon materials are formed into arrow shafts that are supplied with a straightness of +/-0.001. Hand fletched and offset with 2.75 inches long Goat Tough Products Opti-Vane II vanes for added guidance and security you can rest assured that these arrows will deliver the accuracy, energy and penetration you need to harvest BIG results. 20" ACCUSPINE Flat Back arrows are supplied with 17.7 % FOC and weigh 410 grains with the supplied 100gr. bullet style practice point. Our process for matching arrows and insuring consistence from arrow to arrow is unlike no other in the industry. Think of them as bench rest grade hand loads for your crossbow! Supplied 6 arrows to the pack with 100gr practice points, 92 grain Lock-n-Load inserts and Aluminum Flat Back Caps."
X` 2 didn`t like the victory Voo Do trythe Accuspine arrows you wont regret it
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

stoneycreekhunter wrote:What are the best arrows for my Excalibur? I currently use the excalibur fire bolts (4 inch veins) but was wondering if a better, reasonably priced, arrow exists?

Thx. Mino
Think you likely have about the best now. Unless you are going for world championship crossbow target shooting it ain't going to make much difference. To gain a 1/4 or 1/2 inch for hunting, what more is it going to get you?
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

joe171 wrote:
NEPAbowhunter wrote:These arrows come to mind when somebody asks about a better arrow. I plan on getting some soon. They are pricey though, they want $75.00 for a half dozen.

X` 2 didn`t like the victory Voo Do trythe Accuspine arrows you wont regret it
I've read a lot of great things about these arrows some people have said they can shoot 1 inch groups with these arrows out to 40 yards. I need to try some also.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Arrow selection is just as bad as reloading. I've spent alot of time looking for the perfect reload and arrow/bolt. I have to say it has been alot of fun but what it really comes down to is when you make the shot on game and not a target are you going to make a good hit or are you hoping for a good hit. It never hurts to improve so try several bolts until you find one that suits your fancy.