My first buck ever!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IH8ATTN

My first buck ever!

Post by IH8ATTN »

Well after 2 seasons of hunting I guess things will be going downhill from here :)

So I was hunting my other property but wasn't having any luck so I decided to try my luck with the new property I acquired. I setup my brand new cam (thanks to the buttholes that stole my first one at the other spot) and put out some goodies. Sure enough I see a couple bucks and a nice one, and some nice does of course....k I have a feeling this could be a good spot. This property hasn't been hunted in 2 years and I am taking the first crack at it ending its hiatus. So November 5th I setup my stand as there was a home made one there that I couldn't trust as far as I threw it, locked it up (you know how it is) and let it be. Sure enough I check the cam pics and Mr. Buck was back sniffing out the does that were there earlier, but at like 1am, well I can't hunt then, darnit. Anyways I worked the morning and took a nap and yup, alarm doesn't go off so wifey waked me up (thanks hun), get up, and go to the spot...I post up and glass the place and there was nothing...but sure enough 45 minutes later in the corner of my eye I see something, not moving I turn my eyes hard to the left, I can feel my eyeballs going to the back of my head and that's when I see it...the buck is back. He comes up to about 40 yards...stops...doesn't catch my scent and I could of taken him then but my buddy always said "wait for a better shot, you will know when to shoot" so i waited patiently and it walked to 23 yards, well that was good for me, let the crossbow bolt fly and heard that wonderful sound of the Rage broadhead hitting meat and seeing that pretty Lumenok go in and out the buck...now he runs....goes about 60 yards and starts to zig zag (just like on the hunting shows!) right into his vineyard and slam, twitching a bit and that was that. I jumped up, celebrated, screamed like an 8 year old school girl getting an ice cream sandwich and proceeded to go get my deer. Well we had some serious rain so as I am going in the vineyard and its like quick sand...great..trudging through the almost knee deep slop and then great...i'm stuck....2 choices, sit there and stare at the deer for the rest of the night or leave the boots and get my damn deer....sure enough i'm walking through this crap in my socks..get to my deer, give it a poke, then dance some more in the sludge. Now the fun part...so I drag him the 60 yards in the slop by his one antler, trying to catch my breath (i'm not an athlete by any means) to the old Italians back hoe waiting like a light at the end of the tunnel...weird thing was when I was pulling it there was a bit of resistance....but kept on going...get it to the back hoe...look at this muddy beaut, feel up his antlers and oh whats this...so that was what was being an anchor...

Woodspike

Re: My first buck ever!

Post by Woodspike »

Damn!!! :shock:

Nice buck!!! Congrats!
roly

Post by roly »

Congratulations on a super buck!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

WOW!!! Great buck congrats!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

WOW !!!! congrats that is one dam'n nice buck, :shock: If yay beat that i want to see it.
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
huntman

Post by huntman »

Congrats on a great buck. Where u from Ih8attn
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations on a great looking buck!
I'd say that drop tine would make dragging interesting. :lol:
wabi
NovaBoy

Post by NovaBoy »

Thats a awesome buck. congrats
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

That is one helluval buck. Congrats. You may not get a chance at a bigger one but you could have a great time trying. There is always elk, mulies and antelope and more to keep one happy. You lucky dog. Congrats. :D
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

He is absolutly awesome! Congrats.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
diesel

Post by diesel »

What a Hog !!!!!
Nice deer
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

huntman wrote:Congrats on a great buck. Where u from Ih8attn

Niagara Region, not bad for this area :)
Damlog

Post by Damlog »

Wow, Nice first Buck IH8ATTN...I as well harvested my first buck this season not as big as that one mind you!!! Congrats Again!
pschank

Post by pschank »

Congrats!!!!

Got my first one with my Equinox this year also - keep up the good work!
catcher

Post by catcher »

Very nice indeed , I want a drop tine buck soooooooo bad. He is awesome , I remember seeing it on facebook and people giving ya a hard time about your pj's lol. Great deer and congrats , maybe some day I will be fortunate enough from the drop tine gods , rare trophy , I hope you get him mounted. Awesome.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings