Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous
Posts: 7207
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario.

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by Normous » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:27 am

Pydpiper wrote: I'll stick with my 300fps Exocet..
Till you see the new ones for 2013 :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>--------> 2020
Krug Micro 355, Matrix 355 and NEMESIS
LEUPOLD VX-R 2-7, TRIJICON SRO and KAHLES Red Dot
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Nature Is My Nurse

Pydpiper
Posts: 6148
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: Woodstock, Brantford'ish, ON
Contact:

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by Pydpiper » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:50 am

enormous wrote:
Pydpiper wrote: I'll stick with my 300fps Exocet..
Till you see the new ones for 2013 :)
I have, and they are definitely going to appeal to a lot of people, just not for me.
I am very happy with the simplicity of my bow, and more importantly it has been flawless for me for a long time now, and that is a tough mold to break. Confidence is a hard thing to replace.
If I decide to go to a newer bow based on speed and cosmetics, that Scorpyd has some strong points, price not being one of them.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string

papa bear1
Posts: 1320
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:30 am
Location: southwest missouri in the ozarks

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by papa bear1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:35 am

Mo wannabe wrote:C'mon Vixenmaster. Caint u give an old MO.boy a little more than that ?
Or 2 ol'e MO boys ??????????????? :lol:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings

vixenmaster
Posts: 13632
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Capitan, New Mexico.

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by vixenmaster » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 am

Hey Y'all i am so impressed wid all the new speed models from all the Crossbow Companys. That i have jus closed the Deal on a 96 model carved tip limbed Vixen. Can you say Killer of Tick Toters surpreme! Nary a Deer that walks these Mo. Ozarks that doesn't quake with fear n dread as they pass thru my land! :lol:
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

one shot scott
Posts: 6775
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Wmu 87. Ontariooh ohh

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by one shot scott » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:18 am

I would like invisible limbs please. And more speed. Shorter draw too! But more speed. Speeeed!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
867-5309

copperjohn
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by copperjohn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Pydpiper wrote:
enormous wrote:
Pydpiper wrote: I'll stick with my 300fps Exocet..
Till you see the new ones for 2013 :)
I have, and they are definitely going to appeal to a lot of people, just not for me.
I am very happy with the simplicity of my bow, and more importantly it has been flawless for me for a long time now, and that is a tough mold to break. Confidence is a hard thing to replace.
If I decide to go to a newer bow based on speed and cosmetics, that Scorpyd has some strong points, price not being one of them.
It sucks being out of the loop...... :mrgreen: So yall have seen the new stuff for 2013.....what more can you say about it?? :shock:

User avatar
Doe Master
Site Admin
Posts: 4589
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:57 am
Location: Baden , Ontario

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by Doe Master » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm

How did you get into the Skunkworks to see the new bows . Security must have been sleeping . :shock:
Not that it could be confirmed . But I heard they are working on a model that will accellerate the arrow by magnetic pulses . TOTALLY STEALTH !!!!! :roll:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus

bdog
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: between here and there
Contact:

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by bdog » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm

vixenmaster wrote:Hey Y'all i am so impressed wid all the new speed models from all the Crossbow Companys. That i have jus closed the Deal on a 96 model carved tip limbed Vixen. Can you say Killer of Tick Toters surpreme! Nary a Deer that walks these Mo. Ozarks that doesn't quake with fear n dread as they pass thru my land! :lol:
any pics?I miss it already,that bow almost went to Australia,but Blackjack took the carved tip Exocet instead...
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com

one shot scott
Posts: 6775
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Wmu 87. Ontariooh ohh

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by one shot scott » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Doe Master wrote:How did you get into the Skunkworks to see the new bows . Security must have been sleeping . :shock:
Not that it could be confirmed . But I heard they are working on a model that will accellerate the arrow by magnetic pulses . TOTALLY STEALTH !!!!! :roll:

Cooool! "Warp speed"
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
867-5309

Rudolph
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:26 am

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by Rudolph » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Doe Master wrote:How did you get into the Skunkworks to see the new bows . Security must have been sleeping . :shock:
Not that it could be confirmed . But I heard they are working on a model that will accellerate the arrow by magnetic pulses . TOTALLY STEALTH !!!!! :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ix62_oBGtg
I was interested in this technology a year ago. It works, but you need a lot of electricity. The technology can make even not magnetic alloy projectiles fly with up to 10 km/s. The russian and us millitary are long interested in this concept.
2012 Phoenix

mr meat
Posts: 4733
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: The land of ice and snow North Bay

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by mr meat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm

when does the 2013 line up come out for the general puplic to see! :) :)
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

kitchbow
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by kitchbow » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 pm

i want a carbon exocet 200
2011 equinox,,,,,,, twilight dlx,,,,boo string.
2013 matrix 355,,,, hha optimizer/hawke scope.
girlfriend - 2012 vixen 2,,,,,60x custom string,,,,, tact zone scope,,,, disapater bars,,,,,s5 system

awshucks
Posts: 5238
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:40 am
Location: arkansas

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by awshucks » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:30 pm

mr meat wrote:when does the 2013 line up come out for the general puplic to see! :) :)
Whenever the ATA show is, usually in January............
"Eze 18:21"

Skip
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by Skip » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I shoot regular compound bows. A Strothers to be exact. It shoots 324 FPS. I recently bought a Phoenix to take my young daughter archery hunting. After having shot this I don't know how every deer doesn't jump the string. Unbelievably loud. I just never realized they were this loud. It's hard enough with a fast quiet bow. Just saying. They need to correct this. I have no real commitment with the crossbow either way but as soon as she can get 35 pounds out of her compound this eardrum shatterer stays home. It is fun to shoot but at a big disadvantage to modern compounds for hunting.

vixenmaster
Posts: 13632
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:51 pm
Location: Capitan, New Mexico.

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by vixenmaster » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Heck a Phoenix is a speedster, my old Vixen will do an honest 263 fps. It never saw a deer it didn't like :)
Limb Breakin Half Bubble Off BD360
Marie Laveau MXB Charge Banshee MXB320
Awshucks Relayer 25
[email protected] 417-505-9315

Post Reply