Varizone Scope for a Wolverine

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fatboyxc

Varizone Scope for a Wolverine

Post by Fatboyxc »

I just picked up a varizone scope for my wolverine & I'm wondering where I should start for dialing in the speed of the scope. I've found on here that the stock limbs shoot 265-270 fps & one with mag tips would be around 285 fps. Its got a different set of limbs on in but I'm not sure what they are. The stock ones came with it as well so I'm assuming the limbs that are on it would be faster. What are your thoughts? Thanks.......

I mean worst case scenario I have to sit outside & continuously shoot my bow (that would be a shame...lol)
Growing Old.....Standard
Growing Up.....Optional

Just the toys are more expensive!
wheelie

Re: Varizone Scope for a Wolverine

Post by wheelie »

Put dial down as low as it will go. Line up your twenty crosshairs and start there. You will likely find it doesn't go low enought if you are shooting brass tipped arrows. If anything I found mag tip limbs slow the bow down. No crono here so it could be my imagination that it is slower.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've sighted in several Vari-zones. [1] set 20 yds on main crosshair. [2] put your target at 40yds and fiddle w/ the speed ring til it's 'on'. Check your 30 and you're done.

If you're getting much below 250 fps, there will be a fudge factor, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
jay73

Post by jay73 »

awshucks wrote:[1] set 20 yds on main crosshair. [2] put your target at 40yds and fiddle w/ the speed ring til it's 'on'. Check your 30 and you're done.
Is this the typical protocol for this scope? I got one on a Phoenix I bought and was wondering the exact procedure for "dailing in".

Jay
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

jay73 wrote:
awshucks wrote:[1] set 20 yds on main crosshair. [2] put your target at 40yds and fiddle w/ the speed ring til it's 'on'. Check your 30 and you're done.
Is this the typical protocol for this scope? I got one on a Phoenix I bought and was wondering the exact procedure for "dailing in".

Jay
Yup, is what the directions say to do............
Fatboyxc

Post by Fatboyxc »

awshucks wrote:I've sighted in several Vari-zones. [1] set 20 yds on main crosshair. [2] put your target at 40yds and fiddle w/ the speed ring til it's 'on'. Check your 30 and you're done.

If you're getting much below 250 fps, there will be a fudge factor, lol.
Thanks...so I take it that the 20 yard cross hair will stay dialed in no matter what I set the speed to.
Growing Old.....Standard
Growing Up.....Optional

awshucks

Post by awshucks »

You are corect, no change in 20 yd poi w/ crosshairs regardless of speed setting. The Zone[s] etal are variables [2.5x by 4x] All the speed ring does is change the spacing between the farther than 20 aim points.

Stroke of genius I say!!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

awshucks wrote:You are corect, no change in 20 yd poi w/ crosshairs regardless of speed setting. The Zone[s] etal are variables [2.5x by 4x] All the speed ring does is change the spacing between the farther than 20 aim points.

Stroke of genius I say!!
X2 on that for sure.
Makes for a very easy setup process.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Fatboyxc

Post by Fatboyxc »

Going to get it mounted up & dialed in this weekend. Thanks for all the advice!
Growing Old.....Standard
Growing Up.....Optional

Fatboyxc

Post by Fatboyxc »

Thanks for the tips from everyone. Got it mounted up & dialed in on Sunday! Now just to get through the week so I can get back in the bush on the weekend!
Growing Old.....Standard
Growing Up.....Optional