birthday catch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Re: birthday catch

Post by wabi »

That is my first 2wt rod and it's fun on those 'gills! Most of the ones I was catching was in the 8-10" size range (that particular pond has a few even bigger :shock: ), but the water is cold enough now to really slow them down when it comes to the fight. :(
That rod is one of my Christmas presents from the wife this year. :D
I was shopping for it and she told me she would give me the money to pay for whatever I picked out as part of my Christmas this year, but I wasn't going to wait for Christmas to try it out. :lol: :lol:

Today I may try out my birthday gift I bought myself this year.
A new AbuGarcia 4600C4 baitcast reel (I added several aftermarket upgrade bearings to and a ceramic levelwind pawl to increase casting distance) and a new Quantum rod I found on sale for about half price ($150. rod for $79. in a closeout)

I usually buy a good bit of fishing tackle this time of year as stores & manufacturers clear out the old stock. :lol: :lol:
(I paid $279. for what would have cost me $450. in the summer, and got free shipping on everything which probably saved me an additional $30.-$40.)
wabi
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

Happy belated Birthday Mike! Glad you got to cast a new line, that would work real well on our trout stream.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Happy Birthday Mike! That is a fine looking reel!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Happy birthday! Wow, every time I read one of your fishing posts I can't help but think of you and the 2# goggle eyes in my pond. They are a green sunfish, c'mon down!! :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

that,s some good presents! got to love them Abu garcia . I use the 5500c3 for years and big shimano toriums for big fish . I use shimano compre in ultra lite and medium for walleye then shimano m heavy crudicals for bigger fish. love a quality rod and reel because I do a lot of fishing.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Happy Birthday WabiI hope you have a great day
roly

Post by roly »

Happy Birthday Wabi!
Hope you had a great day.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D i'm glad you had a good birthday, and many more to come.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.