Forgot how cool this forum group was...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

planter

Forgot how cool this forum group was...

Post by planter »

It was years and years ago that Dan, Mike, Don, Scott and a handful of others found our way here. The old forum we messed around on was mixed archery and all we heard was how unfair it was that we used crossbows.
Made "friends" and not just "pals".
It's been a good year in the woods. No whoppers but meat on the table. A little button buck I should have known was buck and not a doe and a cute little five point I swear was a good eight when I shot him.
The little five was shot at exactly 40 yards. My longest shot ever by close to ten yards. He was head down with his head behind a tree and I had a great rest. Made a good shot on the beast blowing out one lung and chopping his liver with the 125 gr. Spit.
When is the pig hunt Awshucks?

Boo

Re: Forgot how cool this forum group was...

Post by Boo »

Nice of you to drop by John!! How is life treating you?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations on your deer!
wabi
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

congrats on your deers! nice to here your back and alright!
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats on the deer :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
planter

Post by planter »

That's what I mean about the forum!!! Not one negative response. :D I didn't get one " That would have been a nice deer in a couple of years" (I know that). I didn't get one comment about the button buck. ( I know that too". I didn't get one 40 yards!! you should never shoot that far. I know that too but I was confident".
All in all the only forum where we appreciate a 140 inch deer but have nothing against a little rat spike horn. god bless you all. :D
As a side note the 5 point will be cut into stew beef for me and a pal and myself will be cooking a giant venison stew for a homeless shelter with 120 people on saturday. I told them stew, not venison stew. That ought to throw the staff off but I KNOW the clients are gonna love it. I just hope I have enough meat. :(
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Brother John! How the heck are ya? I remember the last hog hunt we went on like it was yesterday. Ok, mebbe the day before, lol.

We had two 'in the lights', me crouched down behind a door to the truck, Planter John on the bed and I was thinking if I shoot the .44 mag 1st, he won't get a shot.

I held off, he didn't, one arrawed hog! Great time!
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Waaaahhhhooooooooo yo John welcome back me friend. Congrats on all dem fine deer you killed, we must be runnin right i gotstid 4 meat deer. Hogs lets do it & yup i do remember the last hunt & busted up finger wid cockin rope handle, dang i still feel the hurt on that one.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Congrats on your deer. Meat in the freezer. Yum.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

planter wrote:That's what I mean about the forum!!! Not one negative response. :D I didn't get one " That would have been a nice deer in a couple of years" (I know that). I didn't get one comment about the button buck. ( I know that too". I didn't get one 40 yards!! you should never shoot that far. I know that too but I was confident".
All in all the only forum where we appreciate a 140 inch deer but have nothing against a little rat spike horn. god bless you all. :D
That's why I joined this forum. It just felt friendly and a good place on the web to call home.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on the 2 deer thats the way to put meat in the freezer
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Congrats on both your deer. If I get a chance to shoot a spike I would. We only have 2 1/2 days of our rifle/crossbow season left here in Maine. It's great you donate time and meat to the homeless shelter. 40 yards isn't really that far for an Excalibur. :D Have a great Thanksgiving
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the two deer! and welcome back!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D great job on the deer,i love it on t.v., they see a 130'' deer, (too small) not in maine!!!! the excal family is a great place to be.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Gemjam

Post by Gemjam »

Congrats on the deer! They will be some fine eating. I commend you on helping the homeless! AWSOME! :D :D
2012 Excal Vortex Varizone, Vixenmaster String, GT Lazers 2s, S2 Blazers, 125 Swackers