O/T question about Ghillie suits

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ottawacats

O/T question about Ghillie suits

Post by ottawacats »

SoI have been thinking of picking up a Ghillie suit to use while coyote hunting in the spring. Is there any prefered company for a ghillie suit? Any info would be great on what to look for etc.......

I will be hunting tree lines,edge of fields (corn stalk/beans) and possibley a pile of hay near a barn.

Matt
wheelie

Re: O/T question about Ghillie suits

Post by wheelie »

ottawacats wrote:SoI have been thinking of picking up a Ghillie suit to use while coyote hunting in the spring. Is there any prefered company for a ghillie suit? Any info would be great on what to look for etc.......

I will be hunting tree lines,edge of fields (corn stalk/beans) and possibley a pile of hay near a barn.

Matt
Best get a good snow camo suit and go out when snow is covering ground and all the food is covered in snow. Just curious why you would want to wait till spring?
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

Check out the Avery line, we use them they are killer. http://forum.averyoutdoors.com/showthread.php?t=87430
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

wheelie wrote:
ottawacats wrote:SoI have been thinking of picking up a Ghillie suit to use while coyote hunting in the spring. Is there any prefered company for a ghillie suit? Any info would be great on what to look for etc.......

Matt
Best get a good snow camo suit and go out when snow is covering ground and all the food is covered in snow. Just curious why you would want to wait till spring?

Well it will come sooner hopefully once my doe tag is filled and a buddies tag aswell. So spring might of been a poor choice of wording.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
bdog

Post by bdog »

make your own,pair of cover alls,tie on some strips of fabric to match the terrain/season,and you're good to go...but it takes a lot more than camo to get um.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com