Scopes?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mo wannabe

Scopes?

Post by Mo wannabe »

I was wanting to know how u folks out there using the twilight dlx scopes like them . Any issues or opions would be helpful. Thanks. Happy holidays !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Mo wannabe

Re: Scopes?

Post by Mo wannabe »

C'mon folks ! What's your favorite scope & why. I'm having trouble finding a good scope that fits me old eyes in low light conditions
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Mo,
Sent you a PM.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Mo, try a Vari-zone, cheap, reliable, dead nuts accurate to the advertising.........
"Eze 18:21"
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I have one awshucks , also a Leupold 2x7. I think my bifocals must be causing me problems getting my head & eye lined up right in low light conditions
Last edited by Mo wannabe on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
wabi

Post by wabi »

Mo wannabe wrote:C'mon folks ! What's your favorite scope & why. I'm having trouble finding a good scope that fits me old eyes in low light conditions
Leupold 2-7X is the only scope that has held up for over a year for me.
wabi
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Mo wannabe wrote:C'mon folks ! What's your favorite scope & why. I'm having trouble finding a good scope that fits me old eyes in low light conditions
I'm using a Bushnell Banner 3-9 x 40 mm low light scope, it is a single crosshair but it seems to be working great and is very clear. I have probably shot about 50 times with it. Got mine at Midway USA for less than $100.00. It is brighter and clearer than the Illumizone that I had.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

I have been using a twilight dlx scope since it came out the middle of July last year and had no issues. Very bright and clear. Use it year round at 3D tournaments. Can easily see the rings on a black bear or turkey in low light conditions. Targets can be out to 50 yards. Extra good, since I know Excalibur will stand behind this scope, like all their other products, no questions asked!
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I upgraded from the Varizone to the Shadowzone and I'm very pleased with the Shadowzone. It's quite clear, decent in low light and I like the lighted reticle. I have about 1400 shots on it so far and no problems. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
rej

Post by rej »

Hawke XB30. 30 mm tube and comes with mount. Has sidebars that eliminate the need for range finder. Very crisp optics and clear view. Excellent for low light. It is pricey and hard to find. Time will tell for durability. I have a shadow zone with 2000+ shots on it and was fine when I replaced it. I just wanted to try a different scope and so far the XB30 seems to be great and optically is superior. Hawke also make a couple models with sight referencing to 100 yd., if you are a fargone target shooter. Have fun with your selsction, there are a lot of them out there.
Rudolph

Post by Rudolph »

It depends on how much are you ready to give for a scope. Something middle class that you can consider is the Nikko Stirling Nighteater Scopes. They are specially designed for shooting in low light conditions. They are good rifle scopes and the crossbow can possibly break it.
http://www.nikkostirling.com/Content/Pl ... teater.htm

If the money is not a factor, than http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/
Last edited by Rudolph on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Phoenix
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

awshucks wrote:Mo, try a Vari-zone, cheap, reliable, dead nuts accurate to the advertising.........
X2
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

The twilite is a good scope just big in size. It does gather light very well. The hawke xb30 is nice. The glass is about the same but the lens doesnt grab the light as well havin g a much smaller obj. Lens. The xb 30. Also weighs a bunch. Good luck in whatever u decide.
warydragon

Post by warydragon »

You might consider the "Cross Bones" scope 3-7x33mm by Leupold. I feel like it allows me to see clearly a little longer than the other cross bow scopes.

When hunting, I always have my old Swarovski 8x42 binoculars that I bartered for over 30 years ago. I admit that I probably would not have bought these new, because I wouldn't have believed the difference they have made and they are expensive. In hindsight, these have been one of the best investments I have ever made in hunting gear. With these, I can see in very, very low light. Many times they have allowed me to identify a shot oppertunity that would have been just a guess using only a scope.

I feel like my brightest scopes are 3.5-10x50mm VXIII and 6x42mm by Leupold. The Cross Bones is close but not quite as bright as these two. I wish I could find a very bright 3x or 4x power scope with a large front lense [not variable power] for the crossbow. I can deal with the distances with a single bold cross hair since in the places I have to hunt, I have yet to try a 40 yard shot and the minor cross hairs themselves are difficult to see in low light. Optics brightness at dusk is very important to me, especially later in the season. That's the time the big bucks begin moving about where I hunt. In fact, I think it's pretty difficult to compare low light performance between scopes unless you literally look back and forth through the scopes in actual low light hunting conditions. I would suggest doing this if possible.

I realize some folks may not want to invest in expensive optics. And, thats OK. I have had my scopes except the Cross Bones for many years. Over my life [and I'm an old guy] the cost of gear has been a small part of the cost of hunting. Especially the last 15 years, the cost having access to hunting land and getting there have far outweighed the fixed cost of equipment. Most of the equipment lasts a long time.

Be safe,

Fred