TV Show noise

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

TV Show noise

Post by xbhntr »

I'm curious about TV show noise in the ground blind . How does the sound of the hunter and camerman talking not scare the deer ? Is this portion of the filming re acted ? Ray
rayman

Re: TV Show noise

Post by rayman »

No disrespect intended, but I think they are hunting in deer farms much of the time anyway. How else could they use all of that stuff they are trying to sell for their sponsors and still kill deer? :)
joe171

Post by joe171 »

rayman wrote:No disrespect intended, but I think they are hunting in deer farms much of the time anyway. How else could they use all of that stuff they are trying to sell for their sponsors and still kill deer? :)
Thanks Raymond X`s 2
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Yeah... It's pretty much just a 30 minute product endorsement. Why I quit watching the outdoor channel. Granted, yes, there probably is a bit of a wait for the farmed deer or turkey to show up, which creates a certain amount of drama, but they are guaranteed a kill regardless.

If you are looking for a quality watch, check out the Primal Dreams series by the Wensel brothers. Best hunting DVDs I've seen.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Ah, the ol whisper channel, rather go to bass pro and watch the fish in tank, nothing phoney about that.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

They all try to catch our eye with candy.
Almost all hunt in a controlled environment to show a successful hunt on film.
Hard to say what lengths they will go too.
Even I can hunt over a bait pile!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
mitch

Post by mitch »

I did like the show Just us hunting.Too bad they took it of the screen.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

I used to rarely miss any hunting show dealing with deer hunting, but now, I rarely watch any of them. All have sold out to endorse products that just don't work, and I have been sucker enough to try most of them. Most are on a 5 or 6 day free hunt and NEVER take a deer until the last hour on the last day. C'mon Man, editing can do anything. Just gone too commercial and too fake for me.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i do like to see the deer they have on film and there reaction on how they walk inti range to add info when i deer hunt on how deer move bout....but in most if not all of these "SHOOTING" shows they say they got "THE" phone call saying where the monster of the area is moving bout and the land onwers already have a tree stand set up where the deer will show up :roll: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.