Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IH8ATTN

Ontario Rut... On/Off?

Post by IH8ATTN »

Discuss...
bdog

Re: Ontario Rut... On/Off?

Post by bdog »

it's happening again now in my area,see does being chased and new rubs and scrapes.....
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
Damlog

Post by Damlog »

Tough to say, have not been seeing any deer in my area. 2 Farms we hunt were we have seen tons of deer all season all of sudden have nothing.
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

I seem to finally have deer around again, I have seen more deer and trail cam photo's in the past week then I did in the past month.

Matt
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Hell I don't know!! I can't figure these deer out for nothing this year?? :?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
coool12

Post by coool12 »

This yr I will not be with my Grandkids.
Have bought the oldest 3 (boys) new hunting boots.
The oldest will get my old Bear green fox bow.
Great Graddad will pass that one on to him.
The age I will not say.
The others will be getting new little bear braves.
The girls will be all getting there first pink camo outfits.
NICE
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Monday I would guess that about 1/6th of the scrapes I seen were still being tended to.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

not too sure here.. the farms we hunt, the scrapes seem to be tended to, but i have hunted limited hours due to my schedule and my wife's schedule.. few days ago i went out, felt like the perfect day to see something, didn't see a thing.. mom and dad go out during the week, might see one or two, nothing too serious.. but i went out sunday afternoon after my wife was done work, saw 13... if it wasn't for that same damned dog , don't know who the hell it belongs to, that spooked up the deer that were walking single file to my location... this is the third or fourth time this freaking dog has spooked deer and ruined our hunt... i am heading out sunday morning for a few hours..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Chuck AA

Post by Chuck AA »

Well I saw a big buck cross the road about half a mile from our house last thursday about 4:00 PM, so still bright and legal to hunt. Although this is farm country where I live. So a little different, than where I own another farm( "in the real bush farm" as I call it, these deer get little human interaction), this is a paved two lane back country road. I was doing 50 mph, slowed right down and backed up to where he crossed, he was still in the hardwoods beside the road head down walking like nothing bothered him (looked to be a ten point but still young basket ball sized rack). There are a few houses right where he walked through. Looks like a buck still on the trail or looking for hot does. So in my opinion the bucks are still after the does who were not serviced the first time around.
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

Checked the cam yesterday, 4 bucks in total coming out (at night) to feed and of course smashing antlers for food (was cool to finally see as I switched to video mode on my cam) saw one of our bruisers on cam 15 minutes after a doe was feeding and leaving her scent...still uncertain though will check came again tomorrow
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Hey Guys,
The photoperiod dictates the rut 100%. I rarely varies by a few days from year to year. Weather and hunting pressure, and of course the frenzy of the rut itself makes things seem hot and cold for sure sometimes. But once it's triggered, it runs its course with no pause.
In the Wind.......
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

Popped a decent doe today, no buck following but need to fill up one of my additionals. Bucks in the camera again but at the usual night time.
xbhntr

Post by xbhntr »

Behind my house ,there is 4 tree rubs and a ground scrape. I've never had bucks up this close to my house before ! I believe the rut is on . Ray