sad to see it end

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

sad to see it end

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D well today was the last day of muzzle loader season,and no deer!!! during deer season, i mostly hunted with my axiom,except a hand full of times i took my rem 308. seen 6,7 deer, either they were does(no doe tag),or saw butts and tails. still made my heart beat fast. had 2 does come out on the side of my blind around 15'.had the excal ready.had them in the scope,but no buck following. going in the morning to pick up treestands and blinds,and dream about next year. i think next year we are going to nb for a fall bear hunt, that sounds like alot of fun,a dream hunt for us. and would like to say congrat's to the people on the forum that did tag out this year,great job people!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Masboy

Re: sad to see it end

Post by Masboy »

today's the last day of our rifle season and I,m wore out. been bowhunting since sept 7 and we have 1 week of bow this coming week then two weeks of muzzleloader then another month of bow. I,m ready for some downtime! the boys will be muzzleloader hunting but think I will do some walleye and striper fishing then hunt the late bow. the boys and I had a good year so far and killed a lot of deer . had a lot better year this year hunting with my vixen. none got out of the way of my arrow and that,s a change!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

sorry to hear that you didn't put any meat in the freezer. At least you got to spend quality time in the great outdoors. I have learned that you don't have to bag game to enjoy a day in the woods.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

My year ended the same, nothing during bow (dam bears scared the deer from my spot) then during rifle I saw two but they were small ones, I let em get bigger for next year, then I jumped the biggest buck I have seen and I was in a ditch so I jumped up on a rock covered in moss and at about 50 yards away the buck slowed right down to take a look back and at the same time the moss let go of the rock and down I fell :( :( :( I wanted to cry lol but was still a lot of fun. I only hunted two days of Black powder, but saw nothing. So nothing in my freezer either.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Our rifle season ends the first Sun. in January. That last weekend at the cabin is SAD! packin' up I just look out the window and stare. This has got to be what people with depression feel like.We have one hunter on our lease that wont even come out on closin' weekend because its so bad. Maybe I should start a 12 step for this ! .......Hi my name is Paul...and lol
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

This time of year always leaves me a little morose. :(

Had a FUN and Action-Filled season, and was tagged out a week before it ends here on The Rock. Many Buddies still chasing, and I've received many calls to join them. Thought about that, but I've already taken a decent handful of Young Guns out for their deer, and kinda think the Older Ladz should be able to pull it off themselves. Even went so far as to set my phone up to direct all local calls to the message machine to avoid any further temptation! LOL!

Was a Grand season. Wish they could last Forever! Some Fine Memories to get me through the winter, as well as some Fine Grits...

But Dammit I still wish it was Opening Day!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

It's not the kill it's the thrill of the chase!

I am tagged out too. Thank god we can party hunt in Ontario... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have taken a 2 week rest & i am down home visiting til the 14th. New season opens Dec15th to 25th & that wil be my last even tho the season goes on til Jan 15th. i have killed enuff tick toters fer meat. I am actually lookin fer some good headgear fer a change
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I wish you could've gotten you one. I know its fun being in the woods but its nice to take a deer home every once in a while or get the opportunity to shoot one if you want. Good luck next year
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

UPSMAN wrote:sorry to hear that you didn't put any meat in the freezer. At least you got to spend quality time in the great outdoors. I have learned that you don't have to bag game to enjoy a day in the woods.
True statement right there! I have a love hate relationship with hunting. Tonight was a hate night...spent a few hours sitting in the cold rain and came home empty handed. Sat there wondering why I do this?? I home now, dry and cozy and can't wait to get out again rain or shine. :mrgreen:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: and it's funny too, we were picking up our blinds and stuff at our hunting place and talking about next year strategy, there is always next year.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

maine hunter wrote::lol: and it's funny too, we were picking up our blinds and stuff at our hunting place and talking about next year strategy, there is always next year.
For sure man...it never ends. My season hasn't even ended yet and I'm making plans and strategizin' for next year!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: the hunter's mind never stops thinking(or dreaming)!!!!