Targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kbalz

Targets

Post by kbalz »

Been looking at bulldog or morrell . Is one better than the other ? about the same ? Or is there something better. thank you in advance
Woodspike

Re: Targets

Post by Woodspike »

What will you be using it for primarily? Field points, or broadheads?
diesel

Post by diesel »

Get a bag and fill with old clothes best target money can buy. Bag wears out get a new one and put the old clothes in it.
cooterdog

Post by cooterdog »

I have the morell bag for field points. Stops Aries even at 15 yards with my equinox. Just don't leave them in the sun or the red color is toast. Mine is frozen outside and is still shot everyday.
Excalibur Equinox
Standard Firebolts
150grain slicks
JRT hunting partner
(coming soon)
HHA Opimizer
Redfield 2-7
EZ Fletch Bolt
Blazers
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

I think others would agree, but I think the Rinehart 18-1 is the best crossbow target out there. I know some folks like the Morrell bag for target points and the Rinehart for the broadheads, but I use the Rinehart for both. I use the Danny Miller plier for easy arrow removal too.
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

lvt01 wrote:I think others would agree, but I think the Rinehart 18-1 is the best crossbow target out there. I know some folks like the Morrell bag for target points and the Rinehart for the broadheads, but I use the Rinehart for both. I use the Danny Miller plier for easy arrow removal too.
X2
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've been using a Third Hand Archery Bag for the last couple of years in my basement. I shoot from 20 ft with bows that spit out an arrow up to 400 ft/sec.
If you want just one target for both field points and broadheads lvt01 has it right.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I heard good things about those bags, hmmmm maybe I should buy a bunch and sell them in Canada because when I tried to buy one no one here had them, and shipping here cost more than the dang bag lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Bullzeye wrote:I heard good things about those bags, hmmmm maybe I should buy a bunch and sell them in Canada because when I tried to buy one no one here had them, and shipping here cost more than the dang bag lol
Think "Bullzeye Bags" has already been copyrighted? Million dollar idea for ya right there.

EDIT: Just did a google image search for "bullzeye"... Not the kind of bags I'd be shootin arrows at.
Last edited by Woodspike on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Woodspike wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I heard good things about those bags, hmmmm maybe I should buy a bunch and sell them in Canada because when I tried to buy one no one here had them, and shipping here cost more than the dang bag lol
Think "Bullzeye Bags" has already been copyrighted? Million dollar idea for ya right there.
With an Alfred E Newman face on one side an Waldo on the other? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

lvt01 wrote:I think others would agree, but I think the Rinehart 18-1 is the best crossbow target out there. I know some folks like the Morrell bag for target points and the Rinehart for the broadheads, but I use the Rinehart for both. I use the Danny Miller plier for easy arrow removal too.
I tend to agree with Danny - and not shoot field points into my Rhinehart. it holds those arrows so tight you could lose an FP in there and then damage a BH shooting it later. And I also agree with lvt01...I think the 18-1 is about the best target out there.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:
Woodspike wrote:
With an Alfred E Newman face on one side an Waldo on the other? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waldo's dead. Last I seen of him he was 20 feet high and 40 feet down the road off a front bumper of the truck. No making fun of dead people. Seen him die with my own eyes but did finish the king can of Molson Dry he gave me while they shovelled him up. I wonder if Scarborough ever got another white person after Waldo died? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

With ideas like that I will be RICH !! LOL

I tend to agree with Danny - and not shoot field points into my Rhinehart. it holds those arrows so tight you could lose an FP in there and then damage a BH shooting it later. And I also agree with lvt01...I think the 18-1 is about the best target out there.
Its odd, I have read a few people who said that, but FP's come out of my Rhino Block no problem, and even easier with my Miller pliers. You just have to give the arrow a little turn before pulling it out.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
kbalz

Post by kbalz »

I would be using it mostly with fp , but will want to be able to use it with bh. Bag of clothes is interesting , you saying a trash bag full ? I could put all my work clothes in there , then that way wont have to go to work and can just stay home and shoot my xbow all day. :lol: :D
leep53

Post by leep53 »

morrell yellowjacket for field points,rienheart 18-1 broadheads