A place for everything and everything in its place

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

A place for everything and everything in its place

Post by JT of PA »

Ever since I got my Ibex back in August I have been designing the "ideal" range box in my mind. A box that was pared down to the essentials and did not scream "range box".

Some keyboard work and the following is the result, (as of this afternoon and the final delivery from UPS).

Picture 1 - All the basics for the range: Replacement string, String changer, Danny Miller grips (Must have item), Rubber grip, Rope cocker, Nock T-handle, Plumber tape, Dalton Wax, Hex wrench set, Arrow points, Lock-N-Load Inserts and Excalibur Nocks.

Picture 2 - Bonus storage since lid is concave. Borrowed dish towel from my sweetie and laid six arrows on the towel. (double click on picture and the enlarged photo allows easier viewing of new, black tubing/Quickfletch. Second arrow from the bottom. Pretty cool.)

Picture 3 - Wrap the arrows up.

Picture 4 - Close lid and complete "go to range" box in a nice trim package.

Picture 5 - Another shot of finished product.

All said and done I am 85% happy with the finished product. Thank You to Sears for the box and Schaller Corp for the organizer bin/trays. Links below if anyone would like additional information.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-22inch-s ... ockType=G6

http://www.schallercorporation.com/servlet/StoreFront
Normous

Re: A place for everything and everything in its place

Post by Normous »

Do you have room in there for some simple foam arrow cutouts to cradle your arrows front and back? Foam cutouts may compliment the fletching or attached broadheads better than the towel
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

I was going to get some of the stiff plastic forms that are used in the Excalibur Firebolt packaging. Also, thinking a corrugated plastic sheet on top of the trays and lay the arrows on this sheet. Thanks for the idea, I will have to do a bit more research. Just wish the black tool box was six inches deep instead of 5-1/2. Everything I could find when it comes to organizational trays/bins is based on 3 inches: 3, 6, 9, 12.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

that,s one nice box! I don,t go to the range an just shoot at home . but Murphy follows me out to the bench all the time and I need everything in my shop to keep up with him. just today I only shot a few shots from my bow and noticed my new serving of halo was separating . that Murphy had made me put my serving on backwards the last time I served my string. I couldn,t carry all I need!!!! great job John should work fine. I like everything in it,s place like that but with three boys with bows coming in my shop I,m lucky to find anything!!!!!
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Masboy wrote:I like everything in it,s place like that but with three boys with bows coming in my shop I,m lucky to find anything!!!!!
:lol:

It was hard to keep it trim and not make it a "anything can be fixed" box. Worse case scenarios will not be able to be fixed, but: I can change the string, repair a nock/insert, tighten every hex bolt, wax, change out arrow points and carry arrows without them getting squashed in trunk during transit. Now ... if I can figure out how to shoehorn in a scale. :wink:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Masboy wrote: I like everything in it,s place like that but with three boys with bows coming in my shop I,m lucky to find anything!!!!!
That's why they make locks......until they learn the rules!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's a nice organized range case there. Very nice indeed. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

John very nice organized box you have there. Great job that gives me some ideas.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

very nice man..but i gotta ask ..what do you do with the teflon tape?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Nice job man, guess that what happens when bow season is over, :lol:
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

strum wrote:very nice man..but i gotta ask ..what do you do with the teflon tape?
Strum - I do not glue the nock into the arrow, I press fit it. If a nock has some play I wrap 2 or 3 loops of plumber tape around the nock then press it into the end of the arrow for a snug fit using a Excalibur T-Handle arrow puller. My nephew has the uncanny ability of messing up the nocks on my arrows. (At his age its too much fun shooting a group instead of picking a new spot each time) This way I can use my Excalibur T-Handle arrow puller to extract the nock and then reverse the process to have a new nock in place and ready to go.

For fun, I had to resist the initial urge to answer your question with, "I use it to reserve my string" :lol: ... All the best and take care, John.