Matrix speeds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Matrix speeds

Post by Boo »

Craig at Gagnons sent me some speeds that he recorded.
" The 380 with a 352 grain bolt hit 387.5 fps , the 355 Matrix with the same bolt was 363 fps on our Chrony. "
Some people just like stepping on rakes
rej

Re: Matrix speeds

Post by rej »

Hot, hot, hot. In the imortal words of Eddy Murphy in Idependence Day, "I gotta have me one of these".
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Awesome, I wish I had been a good boy. Maybe Santa would have brought me one of those new crossbows for Christmas, :) . Oh well, maybe next year, :) . I will stick with my Equinox. Thanks for the info Don.
Raymond
xsh0tya

Post by xsh0tya »

rej wrote:Hot, hot, hot. In the imortal words of Eddy Murphy in Idependence Day, "I gotta have me one of these".
You mean Will Smith. :lol: :wink:
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

rej wrote:Hot, hot, hot. In the imortal words of Eddy Murphy in Idependence Day, "I gotta have me one of these".
Lmao... :)

Those are some impressive numbers!
I wonder if the limbs are interchangeable with the now "old style" risers... Or if they could even handle the longer draw.
rej

Post by rej »

Will?, Eddy?, Ralph?. Apologies for the faux pas, watched that movie long ago. I would be very cautious about installing those new limbs on a riser that looks very different. That could be a nasty slap in the face, on the other hand you might get to 400 fps. :|
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

rej wrote:Will?, Eddy?, Ralph?. Apologies for the faux pas, watched that movie long ago. I would be very cautious about installing those new limbs on a riser that looks very different. That could be a nasty slap in the face, on the other hand you might get to 400 fps. :|
I'm sure they probably widened the limbs just enough to make them incompatible.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Woodspike wrote:
rej wrote:Will?, Eddy?, Ralph?. Apologies for the faux pas, watched that movie long ago. I would be very cautious about installing those new limbs on a riser that looks very different. That could be a nasty slap in the face, on the other hand you might get to 400 fps. :|
I'm sure they probably widened the limbs just enough to make them incompatible.
Making them easily compatible would be irresponsible. I'm guessing the first one that tries it gets to tell us what those new limbs taste like :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
kev

Post by kev »

well. that's smokin.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

What string was used to get those posted speeds?
"Eze 18:21"
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i sure will be looking for a review on these curious about serving life ,recoil and the new scope i thought i heard it was made by hawke? lookin forward to some hands on info. that blacked out on is hot
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

awshucks wrote:What string was used to get those posted speeds?
Arrow speeds obtained using 350 grain arrow and optional 1989 Flemish Dyna Flight String
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

i hear ya, i'd love a excal that shoots that fast.. .oh, so ya know, it was Will Smith in Independence Day, not Eddy Murphy..lol
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Actually, our advertised speeds were achieved with the endless loop string that comes standard on the matrix, no optional string required. The strings on the matrix are quite a bit shorter so you have to use a specific matrix string.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

so you have to use a specific matrix string.
Peter, does that mean the Matrix won't be able to use a FFF?
"Eze 18:21"