An update for you all

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bugs

An update for you all

Post by bugs »

I didnt want you to think I feel off the face of the earth so I figured I had better post. I do a quick read now and then but am way behind on here.

Aug-Nov was really busy at work moving offices and then to a new company which meant re-papering all client accounts. I put in a lot of extra hours. I managed to get hunting a few times on weekends.

One day I started the walk home to see fresh big tracks along my path he just never came into sight. Another day I had crashing around me, not in sight again. Once I had a buck chase a doe 70 yards away and then another doe come in 45 yards away and layed down against a tree and slept for an hour. She was right in the open and had no clue I was there. She woke to walk the other way and nothing phased her. She was at an angle I couldnt even get my bow had she come a little closer. I was still happy I was able to watch her sleep while I was trapped in my stand having to pee :shock: But that was a nice experience and I forced myself to stay put in that stand for 5 1/2 hrs that morning. One of those days the cold went away from excitement :wink:

After that I have not been out once. My 91 yr old Grandfather went to ER with jaundice caused by a gallstone blockage, the ultrasound also showed an 8.5 cm abdominal aneyurism. The blockage was blasted and the aneyurism removed through the groin. He is now home and doing well. I am their only family close by and Grandma needs help driving at night and in the city now (she is only 78 but has glaucoma). My Mom came home for a couple weeks to help out as well. My Grandfather had not been in a hospital in 60 years and other than 17% kidney function he is in good health. He does not need dialysis but has watched his diet for a few years. He is a very lucky man to have such a great life at his age :D and I am fortunate to have them close to me. So hunting was put on the back burner but my Grandparents will be having Christmas dinner at my house :D :D I am now down to doing their errand on Saturdays.

So Merry Christmas to you all! I hope to hunt one more day before New Years so wish me luck :wink:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Big John

Re: An update for you all

Post by Big John »

Remember you always have my number if you need to get out. Take care of the folks. Hunting will always be there.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D good to hear from you,it has been awhile. good to hear he's home now. it's hard when the one's we love get older. good luck hunting.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Yup, family comes first !
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
diesel

Post by diesel »

Glad your doing well thanks for checking in
maple

Post by maple »

Good to hear from you Bugs!!

As they say; Born to hunt, Forced to work. :wink:

Everybody has to take a break from hunting (as much as we'd like) from time to time. Family always comes first. Good for you for taking care of your folks.
DanO

Post by DanO »

Merry Christmas Bugs. I haven't been on the Board much either so it's nice to hear things went reasonably well for your family this fall.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good to hear from you again.
Figured you fell of the face of the earth. :shock: :lol: :lol:
wabi
bugs

Post by bugs »

Thanks guys, I havent fallen off the face of the earth :shock: :D I read bits and pieces but dont post much due to lack of time. I will be in touch again in the near future. Looks like a couple more weeks and my Grandma should be able to get to town again on her own. Doesnt want to leave Grandpa for long yet.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol: