Excal Quiver

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Excal Quiver

Post by Farmer »

I purchased a new 4 arrow quiver last year off of ebay , did not care for my old Excal quiver with single gripper , new model has double . The problem with the old one was I had arrows fall out while walking with the bow on a sling over my shoulder . Well I am having the same issue with the new one . Have lost 3 this season - it is getting expensive - the 1st one lost was a 2216 , with a $ 16 broadhead and a $ 20 + firenock . Have yet to find it after rewalking the area a dozen times .

I am using a Wyvern creations quiver mount to keep the arrows out of my back . The areas I am hunting are quite open . Anyone else have this problem ?
Any mods I can do to this quiver ? Is there a better model to be had ? Any input is appreciated .
shaftthrower

Re: Excal Quiver

Post by shaftthrower »

The quiver that came with my xbow is a double griper (lite package) and 2117 arrows are staying locked in as they should.
munch

Post by munch »

i dont do it myself but have seen guys use a lite elastic band around the holders while walking. ive switch to lynx quivers only because i have them on all my other bows and have a video camera mount i made to connect the camera to the quiver bracket
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Farmer wrote: I am using a Wyvern creations quiver mount to keep the arrows out of my back . The areas I am hunting are quite open . Anyone else have this problem ?
Any mods I can do to this quiver ? Is there a better model to be had ? Any input is appreciated .
Paul:
I have not had an issue with any quiver, even the ones with my vertical bow.
The only thing I have done is wipe the arrow pads and arrow with alcohol so they are squeaky clean and the arrows stay put.

How much resistance is there when putting arrows into the quiver.
If it takes a bit of a push to set them in then it should take the same effort to pull them out.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Farmer wrote:I purchased a new 4 arrow quiver last year off of ebay , did not care for my old Excal quiver with single gripper , new model has double . The problem with the old one was I had arrows fall out while walking with the bow on a sling over my shoulder . Well I am having the same issue with the new one . Have lost 3 this season - it is getting expensive - the 1st one lost was a 2216 , with a $ 16 broadhead and a $ 20 + firenock . Have yet to find it after rewalking the area a dozen times .

I am using a Wyvern creations quiver mount to keep the arrows out of my back . The areas I am hunting are quite open . Anyone else have this problem ?
Curious what quiver did you buy off eBay last year?

I have the newer Excalibur (double gripper) Four-Arrow Quiver that came with my 2012 Equinox package. My arrows stay put, but I carry in my hands since I have the standard Excalibur quiver mount. I want too be able to sling my Equinox, so I will soon try my new Lite Munch Mount I ordered the day before Xmas.

yooper_man
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
mingle

Post by mingle »

I carry my quiver on my hip,hanging from my belt..works great
Knight

Post by Knight »

Are you snapping the arrows in far enough into the second little groove??
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

I like the current quiver the came with my Equinox, but I would like to see Excalibur come out with a 6 or 8 arrow version as an add on
2012 Equinox
Shadow Zone w/ flip up scope covers
Fire Bolts w/ Blazer vanes
G5 Montecs
G5 SGH
S5 String Dampeners
Tac-pac
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have no problems with my Excal quiver, but sure wish they would switch to a top mount, that side mount is useless when using a sling.
Last edited by Bullzeye on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Bullzeye wrote:I have no problems with my Excal quiver, but sure wish they would switch to a top mount, that side mount is unless when using a sling.
Danny Miller designed one and has in stock. Give him a shout. And they are resonable in price too.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I have not decided between his, a Munch or Wyvern.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Knight wrote:Are you snapping the arrows in far enough into the second little groove??
They are bottomed out and continue to fall out . Does not matter what shaft I have used 2117 , 2216 , Beman Thunderbolt . I have even though about tying them in with elastic bands .

Yooper wrote
Curious what quiver did you buy off eBay last year? --- Suppose to be an Excal 4 arrow quiver with the dual grips .
taz3

Post by taz3 »

This is odd, my bolts are difficult to get in or out of my Excalibur quiver.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Should look like this.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have never shot any other arrow but the Firebolt and I have never had a problem with them even slipping a bit let alone falling out. I'm very curious to find out why you're having this problem Paul? Mine snap in pretty firmly and are almost difficult to get out of the quiver in cold weather. :?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads