Shipping Costs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lucky-Dog

Shipping Costs

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Can someone suggest a shipping company/method to ship from US to Canada that is reasonable and has estimates on what it costs ?
What do some of you experienced shippers use ?
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
kd8jgu

Re: Shipping Costs

Post by kd8jgu »

I have used fedex in the past.
Price has not bad.
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Deerboyarchery Flemish tricolor string
Black Eagle Zombies
100 grain Stinger BH

Vortex Hogette
Vixenmaster string
Firebolts
150 grain Stinger BH
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I live in Canada and whenever I order something from the U.S. I always have it sent USPS ground mail. It may take a couple days longer but it is substantialy cheaper. The other carriers charge a fortune in brokerage fees.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
munch

Post by munch »

[quote="j.krug"]I live in Canada and whenever I order something from the U.S. I always have it sent USPS ground mail. It may take a couple days longer but it is substantialy cheaper. The other carriers charge a fortune in brokerage fees.[/quote

x2 on this one .if you use FedEx or similar they will add a brokerage fee . i once bought 25 bucks worth of fishing tackle and payed more in added fees . i deal a lot with US sellers and always use U.S.P.S.
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

j.krug wrote:I live in Canada and whenever I order something from the U.S. I always have it sent USPS ground mail. It may take a couple days longer but it is substantialy cheaper. The other carriers charge a fortune in brokerage fees.
I fully agree with the above. The only thing would be what are you shipping as I do believe you can not get tracking with USPS to Canada.
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Sounds great thanks for the help. I have some items for sale and Im sure the cost will be somewhere around 10.00 to 12.00 anywhere in the US but I dont know how much to fairly add (average ?) to the total for shipping the same package to Canada or does it vary greatly geographically ?
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

sent you a PM
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Shipping to Canada is hit and miss depending on what your shipping and its value. If its checked at the border by the Canadian Border Service Agency, they can add fee's like duty and taxes( items made in USA or Canada have no duties), though when shipped by USPS and is a domestic delivery this does not happen often but it does happen and you should be aware.

Items under $60ca. NOT sent by a business and marked as a gift are exempt from duties and taxes .

Do not quote me on these rules because its been a while since I checked, but you should check it out.

Also keep in mind shipping inside of Canada cost much more than it does in the good ole USA.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
DanO

Post by DanO »

j.krug wrote:I live in Canada and whenever I order something from the U.S. I always have it sent USPS ground mail. It may take a couple days longer but it is substantialy cheaper. The other carriers charge a fortune in brokerage fees.
X3! USPS to CPS is the cheapest.
Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

DanO wrote: X3! USPS to CPS is the cheapest.
aYup! And whatever you do Stay the hell away from UPS!! Bandits of the Worst Order! :evil:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use USPS Priority International flat rate to ship my calls to Canada.

I can print all the customs information right on the label from my computer at home and it saves a lot of time vs doing it at the post office. Price isn't too bad ($12.95 for a small flat rate box) and the boxes are available at the post office. The only additional expense is a shipping label (I use self-adhesive labels sized for USPS format) which costs me about 50¢ and printer ink so it costs a little over $13 for a small package.

Delivery time has usually been 7-10 business days.
wabi
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

I totally agree with IronNoggin stay the hell away from UPS!! ( and i used to work for with them!!).
Brokerage fees are BU!!$crap!!!!!!
USPS all thge way for me.
Bill
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Thanks for all the help. This give me a much better idea and now more informed.
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I live 15minutes from border and have a US address.It costs me $5 per package to pickup and alot of retailers ship for free within the states.
Factor in the taxes when you cross border and it's a win win.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

USPS the cheapest way to go! just takes a little longer
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx