Shipping Costs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Shipping Costs

Post by Bullzeye »

fuel80guy wrote:I live 15minutes from border and have a US address.It costs me $5 per package to pickup and alot of retailers ship for free within the states.
Factor in the taxes when you cross border and it's a win win.
I do the same, I have stuff shipped to a freight forwarder two minutes from the border, they charge three to four bucks a box, or I do a ship to store and pick it at the store.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

USPS or nothing.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I ship alot of compound bows arcross the border back and forth through USPS. Most cost around $30. If tagged warrenty there is no duty. Bought a new Hoyt two weeks ago and a $700 bow I paid $58. in duty.
hope this helps.
Bullzeye

Re: Shipping Costses

Post by Bullzeye »

That's odd, Hoyt is made in the USA isn't it? you should not be paying any duty on items made in the USA, Canada, or Mexico, only your provinces taxes. I am guessing you paid taxes not duties.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I use USPS with car parts all the time, simple and good prices, the worse I've ever had was a rewrap cost because it a package was opened for inspection at the border. The only thing I would suggest is be sure it is securely wrapped, they aren't always very good and handling items delicately. :roll: I mark everything fragile for added help too.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Twenty years ago I worked for Canadian Pacific and packages marked fragile were used as freebies :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone