150 grain Slick Trick ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lucky-Dog

150 grain Slick Trick ?

Post by Lucky-Dog »

I know that the standards have an excellent track record as well as the magnums. Has anyone had experience with the 150 grain or 175 grain for that matter when it comes to accuracy in comparison to the others ?
I would think they would shoot about the same or better but was wondering if anyone has tried them and had issues ???
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
Bones

Re: 150 grain Slick Trick ?

Post by Bones »

Shot both and will be going with the 150 x bow trick this year , they fly good. Using an exo200.
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Sounds good Bones glad to hear it.
Thanks
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I have the 150 and I love them. I was hooked on slick tricks the minute I actually first hand seen what the 100 magnums could do with the ibex this past hunt. Slug hole. Easy blood trail. Wonderful broad head. When I learned of the 150 grain I had to have them on my Exomax. They are big and as far as flying like a field point well I have to admit I did have to tweek my scope a bit to get them bang on. I very happy with the slick tricks and wouldn't consider using any other broad head. I hope this helps.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

SniperWolf wrote: I have to admit I did have to tweek my scope a bit to get them bang on.
I like evrything you had to say and I too dont think I would be disappointed but when you had to tweek your scope its not because of accuracy so much as it was a weight increase thus an arrow drop adjustment or compensation ...right ?
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I just found that when I took my fieLd point off the bolt and put the slick trick on and fired I was off a little bit. A little adjustment on the scope corrected that and I found to be not that big a deal. I believe I was two inches to the left and one inch low when I took the first shots. Tweaked the scope and I was bang on no problem. I had to stop shooting cuz I was boreing out a hole in my block target but it was dark and I love watching those luminoks light up! So yes i believe it was simply a slight weight difference. Hope this helps.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Thanks SniperWolf.
What was your bolt setup if you dont mind ?
Name of bolt, fletching, brass inserts ??
You can PM me the info if that helps.
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

No problem: I have two bows but I will discuss the one that you are interested in. I'm shooting an Exomax with just the standard Excalibur Firebolts with the luminoks in them. You can buy these already made up for $60 for three of them. I've never bothered with different bolts due to my belief if it ain't broke don't fix it. Accuracy and distance have never been an issue for me. I've always been more interested in strings if I wanted to improve the performance of arrow flight.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I used the Boltcutters with success, but I will give the 150 grain Slick Tricks a try next season for sure.

yooper77
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Yuke

Post by Yuke »

Shooting the x-bow slick 150's on Firebolt carbon lumenocks and love em'. No real difference in accuracy at 30 yds out of my Phoenix. Have not shot one of them "tick toters" with it yet though.
Phoenix
TruGlo Dual Color 4 Dot Sight
FireBolt Carbons/Lumenocks
Magnum Slick Trick 150's
S5's
FF String
toytruck

Post by toytruck »

I just got some 175 Slicktrick xbow and was looking forward to shooting some this weekend, callin for upper 50's lower 60's.
But the man upstairs had different plans an I had emergency surgery to take out a kidney stone, so not feelin like it right now.
Seasons are over till fall so plenty of time...

Damn that stone was painful!!
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: hope you feel better soon, it's hard not to shoot even when you don't feel up to par. i had the flu, and still had an itching to go out and shoot.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
secret

Post by secret »

Do the 150's come 3 to a pack? any extra blades with broadheads?
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
toytruck

Post by toytruck »

secret wrote:Do the 150's come 3 to a pack? any extra blades with broadheads?
The 175's come 3/pack with 3 practice heads included. I had to order extra blades for backup. I would guess the 150's are the same...
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

Yes the 150's do come in a three pack with three field points as well.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String