Does this crossbow sport exist ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

Does this crossbow sport exist ?

Post by JT of PA »

I was watching some Olympic archery today on YouTube.

The sport I was watching had the archers shoot at three different target faces once.

I would enjoy doing this with a crossbow. 3-D is fun but I like going for the exact center of a target at a determined distance. I saw they have something like this overseas but it seems like the crossbows are underpowered compared to the hunting crossbows Excalibur makes.

New sport maybe ... call it JohnBow ? :o
DFF

Re: Does this crossbow sport exist ?

Post by DFF »

hello!

maybe you've seen a video from crossbowshooters in germany.
they only do 3d shooting or accuracy shooting (apple shooting) because hunting with a crossbow is strictly forbidden. even hunting with a rifle is forbidden if you don't have a gun licence and a hunting licence. both are pretty expensive and to get the hunting licence is a lot of learning.

i think in switzerland you'll get much more information because for them the crossbow are a part of their history (see legend of the freedom fighter willhelm tell, the guy who had to shoot an apple on the head of his son 1307 ad)

as a newbie in crossbowsshooting i can't tell you much. my advise, if you have more questions, is to talk to the owner of this shop:

http://www.arrowinapple.com/tourneys/

cheers

DFF
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

DFF,

Thank you for the post and the link. I will check it out.

To me, trying to hit that little "x" in the middle of a circle target is a lot of fun. I enjoy the challenge and knowing that I am shooting at the same distance so any miss I make it is my fault and not my mis-judging a distance.

All the best and thanks for reaching out from Germany.

John
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

If I'm not mistaken, the Olympics only allows recurve bows........
"Eze 18:21"
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

awshucks wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the Olympics only allows recurve bows........

We need to change that. :)

JohnBow needs to be an Olympic sport. :lol:

JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Ont_Excal wrote:JT...........have a look.

http://www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.o ... Main0.html

Thank You ... I saw this on Boo's site once but have not given it the serious read it deserves. I appreciate you sharing this with me. Guess I have to move to Italy. :lol:
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

DFF wrote:hello!

maybe you've seen a video from crossbowshooters in germany.
they only do 3d shooting or accuracy shooting (apple shooting) because hunting with a crossbow is strictly forbidden. even hunting with a rifle is forbidden if you don't have a gun licence and a hunting licence. both are pretty expensive and to get the hunting licence is a lot of learning.

i think in switzerland you'll get much more information because for them the crossbow are a part of their history (see legend of the freedom fighter willhelm tell, the guy who had to shoot an apple on the head of his son 1307 ad)

as a newbie in crossbowsshooting i can't tell you much. my advise, if you have more questions, is to talk to the owner of this shop:

http://www.arrowinapple.com/tourneys/

cheers

DFF

DFF - That is a great link; thank you for sharing it. That apple tourney looks like a lot of fun. Will have to set one of these up this summer with my family and friends. Take care, John
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I see a Johnbow fest in the making where we all go to a gathering at Johns
an party an shoot bulls an have a fun time an meet a lot of members that can,t get across the boarder! :D :D :D
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Masboy wrote:I see a Johnbow fest in the making where we all go to a gathering at Johns
an party an shoot bulls an have a fun time an meet a lot of members that can,t get across the boarder! :D :D :D

As soon as I get some land ... it's on !!! :lol:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

JT of PA wrote:
DFF - That is a great link; thank you for sharing it. That apple tourney looks like a lot of fun. Will have to set one of these up this summer with my family and friends. Take care, John
The other thing that could be fun is set up a dunk tank.
Shoot at the target with blunts.
Three arrows and if you missed then you're next in the tank!! :lol: :lol:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

[/quote]
The other thing that could be fun is set up a dunk tank.
Shoot at the target with blunts.
Three arrows and if you missed then you're next in the tank!! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I volunteer to be the first one in the tank ... be ready for a mini, tidal wave. :lol: