What are we doing?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

What are we doing?

Post by wheelie »

All this talk about limbs, another forum, another bow manufacter. girl who hates hunting but wants a crossbow. I have an idea where it is all coming from. A member that just comes here once and awhile now and bad mouths this forum on another forum every chance he can get. I think these are all planned moves on his part and others or he has several names here. I think if he can get everyone arguing he is happy and content. I think his life is so screwed up he gets satisfaction knowning he can get others down to his level. Why play his game.
It makes forum members fight forum members now,(look at trading post) forum members doing double talk, and some walking away. Open your eyes and take off the blinders before this forum gets ruined. I leave now and will check in once and a while at a later date.
It is all getting silly now. :roll:
Big John

Re: What are we doing?

Post by Big John »

Agreed! I have found a couple that come on only to start something. Samething everytime. And I know a couple that have at least a couple Forum names they use here. It really is detrimental to the health of this Forum. However they do not care. Pitty!!! :roll:
It is getting silly!!! This Forum is the Best, lets try to keep it that way. :wink:
Last edited by Big John on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yes, I know a few. Believe it or not its worse on other forums. Hope it never gets this way here. This place is the exception to the rule. :wink:
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Would be a boring world if everyone thought alike but there,s going to always be trouble makers out there an that makes you appreciate all the good people on here that much more! a lot just express there opinions more strongly than others with words that often offend others . I never been on a forum before this one an find that most on here are great people with the same interest an very helpfull . I don,t get offended easy by words that are not said in person . but offend me in person an you better be wearing a hardhat :D :D :D
strum

Post by strum »

I miss that girl :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

She,s probably down at shucks practicing with his matrix getting ready for that hog hunt :D :D :D
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

I know I really like it here. I would be totally lost without you guys and gals.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Guess I've been lucky and missed most of the excitement. :roll: From the sounds of it though, I haven't missed a whole lot. :lol:

Haven't been on here much the past couple of months for various reasons I won't go into. :roll: One thing that you folks have to consider is that it's the "off season" right now. People are bored. Seasons are closed. It's colder than a well-digger's butt outside.

Don't know who you fellers are referring to as far as stirring the pot, but I'd say that all of the above is pretty much making it worse right now.

Give it a little time and it'll go away. :wink: Of course, the best way that I find of dealing with trolls is just ignoring them. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
mowerman

Post by mowerman »

Being fairly new to this forum, I hate to jump in too deep to early.
But, this is the first forum I ever participated in and I'm 60 years old. I read this forum every day because there are a bunch of really good folks on here. Somebody on here has a problem or sickness, half the people on here start praying for them.
How awesome that is! I don't see that on any other forums.

Fellas and gals - call them out by name. At least then we could ignore their comments. This is a great spot! A little redneck attitude maybe -- but I just do not see a few individuals ruining things for the rest of us. I won't put in print what I would like to tell these clowns.

As Masboy said, there are always going to be a few troublemakers around, but I don't intend to let them ruin it for me. Got a feeling most of you all feel the same!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D i agree, it's a great forum about an outstanding product. the best thing to do is ignore these people, and don't get into a pissing contest, cause that's what they want. i have met some great people here, that i consider friends,and i have never met there face to face before. it takes a special place to do that, and i have here.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

mowerman wrote:Somebody on here has a problem or sickness, half the people on here start praying for them.
That's just the half that post it. :wink: A lot of the folks on here that you never hear from in posts like that are like me. They don't post it, but they've made their thoughts and prayers known to the Lord Above. :wink: He's the one that counts after all. :wink:

Just an FYI for some of the folks that don't know, if you come across someone on here that is a particular peckerwood and you'd really not like to "hear" from them, there's a way to do it. Click on their user name, which will bring up with profile. Just a few lines down in their profile you'll see "Add Friend" and "Add Foe". If you add someone as a Foe, if you're reading a topic that they have posted in, all that will show up is their user name off on the right side. Nothing that they posted will show up. :wink:

I've done that to a few people in the past that I didn't want to read their spew and it works great! :D

agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Geodehunter wrote:I know I really like it here. I would be totally lost without you guys and gals.
Well said! Great bunch of people. Its cabin fever time. Who said that!! :lol:
strum

Post by strum »

Big 58
good to see you man..i was wondering where you have got of too..
i agree its a great forum and for the most part lots of fun...
and i know first hand that there are folks on here that will help out in times of need...that my friends is priceless..
Wheelie..
it needed to be said and you did ..cudos to ya man..

now whats a peckerwood anyway ?..isnt that one of those big ole hammers Ageing uses to mark hole locations :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

strum wrote:Big 58
good to see you man..i was wondering where you have got of too..
Not to worry Stan. :wink: Been around every here and there. Got a couple of health issues I've been trying to work out. :wink: Nothing really serious, but the main one being headaches. :x Strange that you don't feel like looking at a computer screen when you have a screaming headache, huh? :lol: :wink: Today is Saturday and the Maker's Mark has pretty much numbed anything above my neck, so I'm good to go today! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
strum wrote: now whats a peckerwood anyway ?..isnt that one of those big ole hammers Ageing uses to mark hole locations :lol: :lol: :lol:
And here I thought you were a Southern boy. :roll: You just destroyed all faith in me of the "Good Ol' Boy" education system. :lol:
peckerwood

A peckerwood is a rural white southerner, usually poor, undereducated or otherwise ignorant and bigoted, the term gained popularity in the deep south during the early twentieth century and was meant to be derogatory. It is a reversal of the name of the red bellied woodpecker which had a patch of red on the back of it’s head and neck, therefore a peckerwood is a redneck, terms that describe similar groups of people are trailer trash or white trash but neither of those have the same effect or ring to them as peckerwood does.
peckerwood

insult; IDIOT, MORON

thestuz

Post by thestuz »

your right wheelie. i let a troll, posing as a feminine anti gun lobbyist upset me with her silly posts.
i feel silly for retaliating and taking it off topic. but a mistake is not a mistake if a lesson has been learnt! and that it has.