cabin fever

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

cabin fever

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D we just got back from looking at our hunting area. no snow in the open areas. and very little in the woods. saw alot of tracks and signs. if the winter continues like this, it would help our deer heard pop. was looking at trees for good stand placement. still got a ways to go for hunting seasons here, just getting antsy here. anybody else???
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
mowerman

Re: cabin fever

Post by mowerman »

Two days after season closes - 5 does, 5 bucks and 22 turkeys - within 50 yards of my yard. Turkeys walked directly under where I had my ladder stand.
Yep - I did OK the first day after it closed. Second day - see above ------------
Oh well -- Spring turkey season will be here in a couple months. Hope I can wait!
Craig
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I hunt almost every day, hard guy to keep in the house.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

Going shed hunting the first part of next week. Hopefully that will give me a head start for this fall.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D swamp donkey, i didn't know you were from nb canada, we are going there this fall for a black bear hunt at lancasters and sons, there near plaster rock, have you heard of them, if yes,what???
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Yeah, we've had less snow than usual around here this year as well. Had an inch Thursday night and then had another inch this morning. That's been about the extent of our snowfall here this year. :roll: We don't get "huge" amounts around here, but we usually have more than a couple of inches. :roll: Looked outside just a second ago and most of what we got this morning is gone already.........

I went down about a month or so ago and pulled my camera. Didn't figure there was much sense in keeping it out. Texted my brother and told him that I had pulled it and he asked me if I had checked his. :? Told him that I hadn't since I didn't figure that he had left them out since he had gone back home (he pulled them the last time he went back home). But he had in fact left them out, so I went down last weekend and swapped out the cards in his cameras. Between all of the deer on my camera and his, it's got me wanting to put my camera back out. :lol: Figure I'll go back down next weekend and drop mine off and another one just to see what all we've got and to monitor the antler drop.

So far, it looks like one of the big bucks we had been watching probably didn't make it. He was a pretty decent 9 pt with a broken brow, probably in the 130" range. Last picture we had of him was 12/22. The big one across the road where I normally hunt is still there though. Had a picture of him 1/6 crossing the back edge of the flat the camera was on. He's a nice 10 pt, and his rack makes a really nice oval the way it comes out, probably 22" wide or so with some good length to the tines. Mass was a little thin, so I'm guessing he was 2.5 years old. He should be a dandy this fall. :D

Depending on what the weather does this coming weekend, I may be out humping it up and down the hills looking for sheds. We've had a few start to drop around the state, so we'll have to wait and see. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :lol: yea, we had a deer last year with a huge track on him, i did get one shot at him with my axiom, but he was 30-35, and i hurried the shot, and shot using my 20 yard crosshair, yup, too low. and after that he was gone. walked around today, saw his track again. i will be using the right crosshair this year!!!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Swamp Donky wrote:
maine hunter wrote::D :D swamp donkey, i didn't know you were from nb canada, we are going there this fall for a black bear hunt at lancasters and sons, there near plaster rock, have you heard of them, if yes,what???
Small world hen, mh! My old stomping grounds are actually 25km north of Plaster Rock, little place called Davis Mill (spud country)... :lol: Never heard of Lancasters but can tell you there are some top notch outfitters in that part of the country that will put you on some good bear! Looking forward to seeing some pics of you and your missus' hunt up in NB. Great folks up there... :wink:
thank you, we can't wait to go there, it's only 4-5 hour drive from our house, so it's pretty close, some people save up and go on cruises or vacations, we go hunting!!! would love to show pics, and a nice mount like munch's son's bear. i love that pose.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'm already planning changes and stuff to do for next years dear season. Been to the farm a couple times looking at trees and planning stand placements. Looking forward to turkey season too. Won't be long now. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
maple

Post by maple »

No need to hunker down. it's prime ice fishin season :D
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I gots the cabin fever so bad I had to buy a new scope and sight in a new to me 22-250. Yote'ies here I come
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I can't wait for spring, I am looking forward to getting back to the camp and doing some fishing and just relaxing all by myself. No one to tell me to take out the trash, I can do whatever I want by myself, LOL. Can't wait, just as long as my health holds out. Target shoot with my crossbow. Hand feed the wild ducklings, and Loons. Oh what a sweet life.
Raymond
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

one shot scott wrote:I gots the cabin fever so bad I had to buy a new scope and sight in a new to me 22-250. Yote'ies here I come
Right on!! Go get em! I was out for a sit this morning. :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
rayman

Post by rayman »

Raymond wrote:I am looking forward to getting back to the camp and doing some fishing and just relaxing all by myself.
The last big hunting club I was in, I had more fun out there in the off season. A handfull of us would go out after work or on Saturday and catch catfish and bream in the creeks and fry them at the camp, then shoot skeet until we got tired of it, and sit around and drink beer until we decided to go home. The only thing I really miss about that place.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Cabin fever bad here! shoot some almost everyday an made strings,fletched arrows an went to go fishing but the river had ice an could not get out. a first in a few years. five women in my home an me an old murphy so you know what I have to deal with :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: please come soon spring :D :D :D