"Okay, you obviously dislike crossbows"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

Re: "Okay, you obviously dislike crossbows"

Post by Big58cal »

nchunterkw wrote:That's because y'all are so unskilled :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hey, I pulled my slack this past year. :wink: All 3 of my deer and my turkey were taken with the Equinox. :D

Yeah, crossbow hunters got screwed. In a nutshell, the KDFWR put it through for full expansion of crossbows during the entire archery season several years ago. UBK and some other "sportsmen" started griping about it and eventually got some of our state legislators involved in the mess. Those butt-plugs were getting ready to introduce a bill to override the KDFWR on the crossbows and make it where they could never expand them throughout the archery season. So as a way of keeping the peace and keeping the state legislators out of it, the KDFWR came up with a "compromise" in the form of the present season structure that we currently have.

Vertical bows have got the entire month of the early season to themselves, and then they've got the pre-rut to themselves, not to mention the 20 days of the late season.

The kicker in everything is that the KDFWR paid some survey agency to do a survey of hunters in the state at the time. The vast majority of the hunters in the state were in favor of full expansion of crossbows throughout the entire archery season. Knowing this though didn't seem to affect the legislators. :roll:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
secret

Post by secret »

Its always nice to see when i check our regulations. I just wish everybody had the chance at Full inclusion. Some people want it all to themselves.Car Insurance companies around here require that the deer herd is maintained .They even make parks around here thin the herd so they dont have to dish out $$$$$. Big58Cal, call your local insurance company tell them there are too many deer,the will lean on your state to make it right.[full inclusion of crossbows]
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

I also like primitive archery and on another forum they were blasting crossbows and shouldn't be legal. "They are guns on a bow". I said I shoot crossbow also along with compound and trad. The way the compound industry is going they are almost surpassing the crossbow with their speeds and their is no problem with them. What gives? We all like the sport of hunting, just because Billy has something different in the playground doesn't mean he can't play to. We need to get along or the Anti's with just steamroll us. The reply back was, Oh we didn't mean their not fun to shoot just they belong with muzzleloader or rifle season not archery. :roll: :roll: :roll: I don't visit that forum anymore.Pretty sad state of affairs
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows