"Okay, you obviously dislike crossbows"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: "Okay, you obviously dislike crossbows"

Post by wheelie »

Have had a few runins with unfriendly people over crossbows. And we have had them legal here for 30 or so years.
What is funny is I always get alot of people asking me if my vertical compound bowfishing rig is a crossbow. All older people ask me that all the time. Makes me laugh.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have had people give some crap about what i shoot.my simple answer to then is when you grow up you can have one of these they just walk away
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I seldom shoot at a range but have done a couple yrs of 3D. In that time i had 2 ppl. that made rude comments to me about my Bow choice. I don't play games anymore! I told them i could n would make their day very interestin & if'en they made one more remark i would knock the piss out them fer real & carry them to the hospital fer recovery! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I tell them, when you tear up your shoulders, and fall out of your treestand, and break your neck, :shock: go sit in your recliner and feel sorry for yourself, Me, I'll be out in my stand,enjoying myself, still doing what i enjoy. :D

Dave
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Takes a long time to change some minds.
The problem is that some minds are just too simple to change.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
nharrison

Post by nharrison »

There was a time I was against them being in the woods with us bow hunters......until I tried one. I now don't even own a vert bow!!!!! Love my excalibur!!!! 3 Of us die hard bow hunters now are xbow hunters and love it.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Most of the time I practice and hunt by myself during bow season anyway. I have a small lease and it is by invitation only for others. Haven't been to a 3D shoot in years and don't care to hang around the bow shops.

I lived close to a rifle range years ago and went there a lot. Tried to go during the week when no one was there, and most of the guys who went there were pretty safe and friendly, but sometimes there would be some real characters. Do most of my target shooting and sighting in on my place, without the characters. :)
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I hunt turkey with mine. Actually had a dufus - who uses a shotgun - accuse me of cheating, said it was "like using a rifle." You can't fix stupid, not even with duct tape.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Cossack wrote:I hunt turkey with mine. Actually had a dufus - who uses a shotgun - accuse me of cheating, said it was "like using a rifle." You can't fix stupid, not even with duct tape.
Guy with a gun accuses bowhunter of "cheating"??!?! CLASSIC! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's too funny! Did you manage to keep a straight face? I would have had trouble!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I had a similar run end with a couple of "traditional " archer's a few yrs ago at the public range. I let a few comments go but when i'd had enough i told him he would look funny walking around with his three ft long stabilizer stuck up his arse!! :shock:
Started going downhill from there so i just left. :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

At one particular novelty shoot after a 3D shoot they'd put a loony (canadian dollar coin) in the side of a moose target at 100 yds or so. One of our members here (xbowkidd) dared a shot with his Exocet, held randomly high with his Varizone, and won the 50/50. :mrgreen:

One of the vert shooters (with a 100 yard pin on his bow!) had a little-whiny-boy-snit-fit in front of everyone yelling "No fair! No fair! He's got a crossbow!" :roll:

It was so tempting to yell back - "No fair! No fair! You have a 100 yard pin on your bow!"

The irony of it all was that the vert bow shooter shot OVER the target! :shock:

Years later we still mockingly say "No fair!" when another one of us makes a good shot. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I guess I was lucky at the Sportsman show when we use the recurve and compound bow, both my instructors were cool with it. They both explained the preference to their particular setup to me and asked about my crossbow with some interest.

Hey Vixchix, maybe it's time you kept a blunt handy, it would funny to wiz by the ignorant, when they go to retrieve an arrow, while you are still shooting!! :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

taz3 wrote: Hey Vixchix, maybe it's time you kept a blunt handy, it would funny to wiz by the ignorant, when they go to retrieve an arrow, while you are still shooting!! :lol:
That would be WAAAAAY too tempting! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
taz3

Post by taz3 »

VixChix wrote:
taz3 wrote: Hey Vixchix, maybe it's time you kept a blunt handy, it would funny to wiz by the ignorant, when they go to retrieve an arrow, while you are still shooting!! :lol:
That would be WAAAAAY too tempting! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL, I'll even provide the GoPro!!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

On one hand I would like to think I could be calm about the situation. But reality is that I'm not that calm. Especially with some of the stories you guys told!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-