vanes, which ones??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

vanes, which ones??

Post by jody5252 »

greetings... I am currently shooting 3" fusion vanes, offset fletched. use 125gr. magnus stinger heads. @ 30 yds. still good group, but 1" to 1 1/2" to the left. would like to reach 40 yds. should I stick with the same vanes?? or perhaps try the neon fusions? (they are supposed to be a stiffer vane) has anyone used these? or would I be better off going back to the standard 4" vane? I use a red dot sight, no scope. thanks for any help.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Masboy

Re: vanes, which ones??

Post by Masboy »

I,m no expert but I would try a lot of helix on your vanes like the Arizona bolt does with blazers . I use blazers an a arrow with a heavy foc an most all broadheads I try from all my bows shoot pretty much dead in line same as my fieldpoints at my hunting ranges an only a height difference. a lot depends on the arrow an the foc for me .
Cossack

Re: vanes, which ones??

Post by Cossack »

I have used Zeon. IMO its a marketing ploy. Not only do they not fit well in my jig, do not adhere well but are not as high viz as advertised or improve accuracy
#@" Fusion work great in my bow using GT Lazar II arrows with 125 grs Slick Trick mags, total weigt of 430 grs. Your point of impact may have more to do with broadhead you're using than vanes.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!