Questions about crossing border with Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Questions about crossing border with Crossbow

Post by Bullzeye »

The rules seen to have changed, i cross over the border a dozen or more times a year and have a few green cards, but last week when i tried to get a card for my BlackBerry playbook the guy said don't worry about it, everyone has them.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Bullzeye wrote:The rules seen to have changed, i cross over the border a dozen or more times a year and have a few green cards, but last week when i tried to get a card for my BlackBerry playbook the guy said don't worry about it, everyone has them.
All playbooks, ipads and the like are digitally coded.
They can tell where and when you bought the unit.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D we crossed last year to go to boofest, we just told them we had a crossbow. no problem.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The bow won't be an issue - the scope might. On the way back to Canada they might think you picked up the scope in the US - you can't export them out of the US into Canada - it's a "firearms part". :roll: The sticker would be for the sake of the scope to prove that you had it on your bow before you crossed into the US.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

My sister in law works at customs. You can register a none ser number item. We do that al the time we in the military travel. Take a picture of it, stop at the customs fill out the green card and ask for the supervisor. Have him certify you had purchased it in Canada. Dont worry about the scope, its part of the weapon. Its only the American side that worries about export.
What's 64 tons, green and black, and can take a deer at 3400m. A leopard tank.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D going into canada, they were nice,even let us use there bathroom. coming home at the us border, the guy was a jerk. sad to say.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

Interesting point that SERIAL NUMBER thing..
It would seem prudent that Excal should maybe consider putting on SS#'s (for identification purposes/owner protection) now that they have broken the $1,000.00 ceiling doesn't it? :? :idea:

'MAY WANT TO TAKE THAT THOUGHT UP THE LADDER, MR EXCALIBUR MARKETING DUDE :wink:
Normous

Post by Normous »

TheTinker wrote:Interesting point that SERIAL NUMBER thing..
It would seem prudent that Excal should maybe consider putting on SS#'s (for identification purposes/owner protection) now that they have broken the $1,000.00 ceiling doesn't it? :? :idea:

'MAY WANT TO TAKE THAT THOUGHT UP THE LADDER, MR EXCALIBUR MARKETING DUDE :wink:
Quote by Bill T.
"The only reason every crossbow in Canada isn't being registered today is that it has no serial number. It will be a dark day that an Excalibur has one engraved on it's side."
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

awshucks wrote:Only crossed one time for the last Boofest. Crossbows were a non-concern, but when the customs officer[Canadian] asked flightattendant100 if he ever carried a gun in his truck, I remember thinking 'Uh-Oh'.....Here we go...... :mrgreen:

Ya for sure...pank nails is nothin compared to a good ole fashioned cavity search!! :shock: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
backwoods

Post by backwoods »

I have never tried crossing with a crossbow, but years ago (before I could afford a digital camera) I went into Canada with film camera. 1 roll exposed 30 rolls unexposed. After shooting for 3 weeks I came back across with about 35 rolls of exposed film. The dog sniffed out my bags on the bus, and customs pulled me off to check everything. Just happens when film is exposed, it gives off a gun powder smell. the dog thought I was loaded for bear. after a slight delay, I was on my way back home with wonderful photos.