Opening Day of Turkey season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Opening Day of Turkey season

Post by Hester0305 »

Opening morning of turkey season went well with me killing a 5 inch beard Jake with my Excal crossbow and my brother killing a 3 inch beard with my 20 ga shotgun. I started calling this morning and called up a long beard and a jake at about 35 yards but I couldn't get a shot at the long beard and let the jake go. About 15 minutes later I called some more and heard a gobble and here comes 2 jakes coming right toward me at about 60 yards so I got ready and they starting coming on in and then a third jake comes running behind the others. I shot the first jake while it was broadside at 15 yards and it just dropped when the Slick Trick hit it. The other 2 birds jumped on it and was flogging it. My brother was behind me about 10 yards and he took one of the others with the 20 ga. it didn't go anywhere either. The Slick Trick blew another golf ball size hole through another turkey and the arrow stuck in a downed tree, I was able to retrieve it and save the arrow and broadhead. This was my brothers only 2nd turkey and we have been blessed the last 2 years getting 2 doubles. My older brother just started turkey hunting last year so I'm doing all the calling as of right now but I just gave him a new slate call to start practicing so maybe he can call his next one in himself. I told my brother we won't ever forget these memories it was pretty exciting for both of us to kill 2 years in a row. I think I like hunting better with the crossbow than the shotgun it is quiet and very deadly.
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t45 ... 8dacc2.jpg
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
ShooterJohn

Re: Opening Day of Turkey season

Post by ShooterJohn »

Congrats... Glad you had such an amazing time. You will have memories for life. :D

Blessings,
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on them snurkeys, what a thrill gettin one wid an Excal
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D sounds like a blast!!!! glad you to had a great time together.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Wow, what a hunt to remember Eric, congrats to you and your brother how sweet it is. You are so lucky to have brothers to make memories with like that. I lost my brother when he was only 13 years old. Great photos and a great hunting story, thanks for sharing.
Raymond
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Way to go!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice! Congrats to you both on a successful opening day. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the double!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Heck ya! Way to go!
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Awsome ,Cant wait for it to open here ,march 15th ,Gonna try it with the matrix 380 , this season .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Enjoyed reading ... thanks for sharing.