Matrix 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

axis

Matrix 355

Post by axis »

Dose anyone have a good bolt set up for the Matrix 355 that they could share? I sold my Exomax and got the 355. now I'm sorry and wish I did not do that. I try to use my Exomax bolt set up to save some money. I have a lot of them Gold tip II 110 brass insert 100gr. Muzzy shot Deer, Goats, and Pigs with it. The matrix as a Tact zone scope on it. Dose anyone like this set up on there Matrix? And what is FPS on the scope set at. I'm blue, I can't even hunt with it now......Can anyone help.

Thanks, Doug
Calcobrena

Re: Matrix 355

Post by Calcobrena »

I have the Matrix 380 with the 18" Diablo bolts and Slick Trick 150 tricks. Works great. I think the Slick Trick 150s cost me like $27 from Amazon. No Tax. Free shipping. Also I love the scope. Some people hate chevrons, though. Damn thing works great for me. i haven't gotten to the range so I haven't been able to adjust my scope ring because I haven't been able to try anything over 20 yards yet. Gonna try to do that this weekend and I'll let ya know.
--Ami

Matrix 380 Xtra ; )
Slick Trick STX150 Xbow Trick 150 Grain on Diablo 18" Carbon Bolts
Nikon Archer's Choice MAX Rangefinder
Ameristep "Sisterhood" Ground Blind
DSD Upright Hen
nharrison

Post by nharrison »

I have the 355 and will be using victory shafts with the brass insert . Yhis set up will allow me to shoot 100 gr stryker broadheads.
axis

Post by axis »

I was shooting "zero in" with Diablo 18" with 110gr brass inserts and Muzzy 100gr. on @ 20yards and low 8" and to the 6"right @60yards. Let me know how it go's for your set up. Good luck....Man. what is your brace height set at?
axis

Post by axis »

Calcobrena, Let me know how the zeroing in go's for you.
with set up.
automated11

Post by automated11 »

Your issue is the Muzzy broadheads not the arrows. I would suggest using something heavier with the matrix. Mine shoots the bolt cutters great! Also from speaking to some people about the matrix lineup. I heard that people were having issues with broadhead flight with the original endless loop string, once they switched to Flemish all was good in the world. I would give Dan Miller a call and tell him your issues, he will get you on the right track and might not even sell you anything!
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.

Post by newbie »

How does it group with field tips? Did you make sure all mounts fasteners are tight?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
volfan

Post by volfan »

What is wrong with the diablo bolts that came with you matrix? What about the tack zone scope do you not like? What has you so upset over the setup it comes with? Just wondering because I have one on the way and I have been really looking forward to getting it. Until you, I have heard nothing but good about both the 355 and the 380.
Matrix 355
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

volfan,

From the 100 or so shots I took with the 355 and 380 - yyou will love it. The diablos are just fine.
People liketo upgrade their scope- it's a personal thin. You might love the one it comes with.
It's a beautiful CB. The 355 will bring you much enjoyment!!! Everything else is just a matter of preference.

Shoot it for a bit - 100 or so shots , then see what if anything you want to change.

All the best, enjoy ! :D :D :D
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
volfan

Post by volfan »

Thanks, Shooter. I have always shot long bows, recurve bows, and compound vertical bows but never owned a crossbow. I may not recognize that I even need to change anything because I am not that familiar with what I should expect. Just something about the excalibur has always made me want one and then when I saw the Matrix, I decided I had to have one.
Matrix 355
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

my speed ring on the 355 is set at 330
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
cjonesth

Post by cjonesth »

Axis pull out your 110 gr. brass inserts and take the arrows to a bow shop and get them cut to 18", glue your brass inserts back in and your good to go.
Matrix 405, Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie arrows, NAP FOC
Bulldog 400 Hawke Pro SR IR, TTT, Zombie Arrows
Bulldog 330 Hawke Pro SR IR, Zombie Arrows
Matrix 355, Twilight DLX, Zombie Arrows
Micro Max Nightmare, Hawke XB30 Pro, TTT, Zombie arrows,
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

axis wrote:I was shooting "zero in" with Diablo 18" with 110gr brass inserts and Muzzy 100gr. on @ 20yards and low 8" and to the 6"right @60yards. Let me know how it go's for your set up. Good luck....Man. what is your brace height set at?
Try a different broadhead.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Dash

Post by Dash »

From what you said it sounds like "all" your arrows are hitting "low and to the right"at 60. If thats correct, it sounds like you have no problem with accuracy, just with tuning things in.
If your zeroed in at 20yds, that good a good start.
"Asuming you're already holding the bow horizontally level and no wind", If your bolts tend to go further to the right with distance its likely you will need to loosen the scope rings and level your scope a fraction by turning the scope a very small fraction.
For bolt drop you will need to adjust the speed ring to suit the distance of your target and bolt weight. A small adjustment to a smaller number on the scope ring will help lift POI if the arrow is dropping low at that distance setting. Don't go by someone elses speed ring numbers excactly as this is a rough guide only, ring numbers are irrelevant the second you have a different string/FOC/arrow weight etc than standard.
Do all your tuning wih a field tip just to take broadhead issues out of the equation, then once your shooting accurate at all ranges, then try the same weight broadheads to see if you have a separate issue with the broadheads/arrow tuning. If the broadheads are good there should be little to no fine tuning.
Bronzeback

Post by Bronzeback »

xcaliber wrote:Dash nailed it. Remember that the MOA at 60 yards VS. 20 yards has more impact on POI. Simply stated, dial in on the 60 yards, then go back to twenty, and you probably won't notice a change there. I do all of my fine tuning at the longest distance i plan on shooting, but as Dash pointed out, if you have anything out of whack, you'll struggle.
Makes Good Sense. I am fairly new to the world of crossbows but I shot my Mathews vertical bow a lot at 40 and 50 yards to practice....It made 20 and 30 yards seem like a chip shot.