Matrix 355 scope mount screws

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

KGDPD

Matrix 355 scope mount screws

Post by KGDPD »

I have a new 355. The scope mount screws will not stay tight. They loosen after only a Very few shots. I called customer service and they have new screws on the way, and suggested Blue Loc Tite. Is this a common problem? I have to say that I've lost some faith in the quality of the bow which I had been impressed with originally. Hopefully this is a minor glitch. :(
Normous

Re: Matrix 355 scope mount screws

Post by Normous »

Try degreasing the screws and treads, I use cleaning aerosols for this. Often leftover machining fluids (oils) contaminate the screws and threads causing them to loosen with vibration. I clean and inspect ever scope mount I have installed over the last 25 years for good reason.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

KGDPD wrote:I have a new 355. I have to say that I've lost some faith in the quality of the bow which I had been impressed with originally. Hopefully this is a minor glitch. :(
Losing faith because of screws that work loose :roll:
Mine were locked in so tight, one stripped the allan socket and had to be drilled out and re-tapped. I'm proud to say that I still have 'faith in the quality' of my 355 :wink:

:idea: Check out the thread [http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=47324] for a T-20 replacement screw you can tighten down then get loose when you need to.

If you don't want to bother with that, follow Normans instructions to degrease it, then try putting a drop of blue (or purple) loctite on the inside of the rail by the (4) mount screws, slide it into place then put the 4- 8x32's back into place with loctite on them. Let it set overnight before using it and I will bet it will not 'work loose'...

Check your PM.. Tink
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

What they said re: Blue Loc-tite. Tink, he can't get pm's w/ his post count..........
"Eze 18:21"
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

Thanks shucks... :oops:

If'n KGBPD acknowledges reading what was written above and wants to shorten a set of said T-20 8x32's (slightly) I'll send him a set.
Tink

(Wonder if KGBPD stands for KGB (like in Russian secret police) PD (police department?) :wink: :mrgreen:
KGDPD

Post by KGDPD »

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try the Loc Tite and the screws sent by the factory for now. But thanks for the generous offer. Also not Soviet. Worse, KGDPD Detroit Secret Police. The Ruski's would have learned something from us. :mrgreen: