My season came to an end early

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GooGoos

My season came to an end early

Post by GooGoos »

Well Sunday afternoon at about 11pm, I got an invite to go horse riding with some friends. I took the invite and headed out there. After chasing down some horses, we finally got them saddled up and headed out on our trail ride at about 1pm.

Good friend Stephen and I

We decided to take the horses through a watering hole to cool em off and too see if they needed a drink. I took my feet out the stirups, and the horse I was on was doing just fine walking through the water till he hit a hole. It scared the crap outta him. He went bolting up the side of the bank, which was steep. As he was running up it, I fell off and hit the ground. I got up and was able to walk and move everything fine like nothing happened.

Soaked -lol-

After I walked over to meet up with everyone, one of the guys noticed on my right hand my fingers were starting to swell, espcially my middle finger. One of the guys got in the saddle of the horse I was ridding and I hoped on riding behind holding on. Well we made it about 100yds and the other horses started to pick up the pace, and the horse I was on took off. Tried to stop the horse but it spun around throwing me off yet again. I hit the ground, layed there for a min, sat up and got my self together. Yet again, I walked away from the fall okk. At this point in time, my middle finger all underneath it is starting to turn purple. So one of the guys gets off his horse, helps me on the one he was on, grabs the reins and walks next to the horse and walk back to the barn with everyone else.

Waiting to get X-rays

X-ray results

The Splint I was put in at the ER

This afternoon I had a doctors apt with the bone doctor, as I like to call him. He looked at my xrays and told me the break wasn't bad enough were it needed a sling. He sent me upstairs to get what is called a canoe splint.

After my splint from the ER was taken off.

I picked out camo for my splint color (:

In this for the next 4-6 weeks!

I have another apt with the bone doctor again in two weeks. I will be sure to keep yall updated. As I said before, my turkey season is shot for the rest of the season now.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
VixChix

Re: My season came to an end early

Post by VixChix »

Well that totally sucks! :evil: All of it! :? You didn't get to enjoy your ride and you're out for the season. :(

Any hope of getting out and calling a bird for someone - living vicariously?

Get better soon!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Well, sounds like it could have been worse. Hope it's not too sore. :)

Sounds like an average weekend from when I was growing up and my Dad went through his ranching phase. Kind of like a rodeo every Saturday, except we were the rodeo. Lucky none of us were killed. My Dad got a busted elbow and another guy got broken ribs from those crazy horses. :)
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I'm glad you didn't get hurt any worse, falling from horses usually can cause broken bones especially hands and wrists while trying to break your fall. It sucks your turkey season is done for. Hang in there it will be deer season before you know it.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
automated11

Post by automated11 »

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Get well soon!
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sorry to hear of the broken finger, may you heal fast. Well you can give ppl. the bird widout tryin now, a camo'ed one :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:Sorry to hear of the broken finger, may you heal fast. Well you can give ppl. the bird widout tryin now, a camo'ed one :)
Glad you said it so I didnt have to. lol Heal up Sabrina, there will be other seasons. Deer season is just how many days away?
volfan

Post by volfan »

Can't keep a Georgia peach down long. Get well soon. :)
Matrix 355
frisky

Post by frisky »

Sorry to here about your finger. God thing it's not the trigger finger. Get well soon :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
diesel

Post by diesel »

So to hear about your finger.
Don't let that keep you from hunting only takes one shot and you can use a gun
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D looks painfull!!!! could have been much worse,get better soon.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

So, do you need me to come and shoot some birds for you. You can tag along and watch. It will (almost) be just as good as pulling the trigger yourself. Hey, what are friends for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get better soon.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

UPSMAN wrote:So, do you need me to come and shoot some birds for you. You can tag along and watch. It will (almost) be just as good as pulling the trigger yourself. Hey, what are friends for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get better soon.

Come on down! Show you around these GA swamps! Haha! Well hey, thanks alot everyone! Dad offereed to carry the gun or crossbow for me in the woods. Which ever I perfered because I can't do to much with my right hand. I was gunna give it a shot with him in the morning, but the weather has gone downhill and won't be any good for these thunder chickens! Hopefully Sunday morning the weather will be better for us!

I do have good news though! For those that don't know, since I was put out of the army because of injuries, I am in school now to be a paramedic. I am taking just core classes at the moment. Today I had two finals. Math and Computers. Each had two parts. MATH --> Part one, I got a 76%. Part two was a computer test. I needed a 37 to pass that and I got a 61. COMPUTERS --> Part one I got an 80 on and the second part I got a 93. Two more finals next week. ENG 1102 on Tuesday and American Lit on Thursday.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.