Tact-zone opinions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tact-zone opinions

Post by newbie »

I see alot of people switching them out. I find the scope bright crisp and clear if I shoulder the bow properly. If I try to force the bow up I need to fiddle with cheek weld to get it clear. I am really impressed with it so far. Had it out late evening during rain still love it. Just wondered what everyone else thinks.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Deerstalker

Re: Tact-zone opinions

Post by Deerstalker »

Try the Nikon Bolt Xr scope which I find very bright, accurate and no problem with a clear view with the 3" to 4" eye relief. 10.1 oz.

The rings are Weaver Black Matte Tactical 48349.
Last edited by Deerstalker on Wed May 01, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)

Post by newbie »

Nice rings! What are they.? No I'm happy so far time will tell if I'll keep the Tact-zone
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
volfan

Post by volfan »

I agree with you Newbie. I really like my tact-zone. There may be something out there that is better but why ditch a $200 scope and buy a $300 scope when the one I have is great. If you shoulder the bow correctly, you get a crystal clear picture. It is accurate and clear so what more could I want?
Matrix 355
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

The real test on an optic is use it during legal low light shooting conditions.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's

Post by newbie »

yooper_man wrote:The real test on an optic is use it during legal low light shooting conditions.

Andrew
Like i stated I had it out after sunset during light rain. Just as good as my Redfield revolution 3x9x40
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

NEWBIE; I regret that I did not take the opportunity to wring-out my TACT-ZONE that came with my 355. There was no detectable problems with it that I could see. I have always been a Leupold-type of guy (have had 5 of them) and jumped at the chance to upgrade from the chinese TZ. ..Mainly because I have an aversion to chinese-anything :shock:

After using the Leupold with a shotgun [circle X and posts] I suspect that the layout of the TZ reticule would have been more easily applied to crossbow use than the shotgun reticule. :idea: The availability of a lit reticule is a plus although I cannot see using it all that much unless you are poaching.

Bottom line- If you have a TZ, 'wring it out' before you dismiss it just because someone else says it is not all that good. That is my 2-cents :wink:
TInk

Post by newbie »

I agree Tink. I will make sure the poachers that have been hunting my bush hard won't get their hands on my TX! I have no plans to dump it just yet! Although I lime you run from most things Chinese. Thats one reason I went with the revolution on my rifle. Redfield other scopes are unfortunately made off shore the revolution is the only one in their lineup made in Oregon.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I have no problems with my scope! i like it so far!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
lottabullcrap

Post by lottabullcrap »

took the tactzone off my matrix.Replaced it with at twilight deluxe off one of my other xcals.1OO% better field of view now.Matrix certainly changes everthing now
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

newbie wrote:
yooper_man wrote:The real test on an optic is use it during legal low light shooting conditions.

Andrew
Like i stated I had it out after sunset during light rain. Just as good as my Redfield revolution 3x9x40
Yes I saw that and I am glad it performed in low light.

I never had a tact-zone, but my shadow-zone didn't work for me in low light. I sure gave it a chance and even shot a doe with it.

I had to upgrade to my Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm scope. No comparison night and day low light gathering capabilities vs my shadow-zone.

Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
volfan

Post by volfan »

newbie wrote:

Andrew
.....and again, under those circumstances, I find the tact zone still clear and the 30mm tube gathers light well. I have a lot of scopes on a lot of rifles and maybe this scope would not work well on my big guns but it is a very good crossbow scope for shooting up to 60 yards which is seldom done while hunting. I need one that is clear and gathers a lot of light on my rifles that shoot 200 plus yards but that is not what I do with a crossbow. I will keep mine.
Matrix 355

Post by newbie »

yooper_man wrote:
newbie wrote:

Andrew
Yes I saw that and I am glad it performed in low light.

I never had a tact-zone, but my shadow-zone didn't work for me in low light. I sure gave it a chance and even shot a doe with it.

I had to upgrade to my Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm scope. No comparison night and day low light gathering capabilities vs my shadow-zone.

Andrew
Ya you never know what will be topping Trixxy in the future but I'm going to give it a fighting chance. The Tact-zone hasn't ate crackers in bed yet!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
kevinr

Post by kevinr »

I love my Tact-Zone!
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I am glad to see the Tact-Zone is working out for some folks. I plan on buying a Matrix 380 Xtra in a few years, so this is good news.

When I opened my Equinox Shadow-Zone package and I saw the scope box that said made in China I was disappointed. I gave it a fair shake, but it failed in low light hunting conditions. The reticle chevrons did work flawlessly, but for me the illumination was a distraction.

I personally only purchase Leupold optics for everything. I have no Chinese made optics and I only have 4 Japanese made scopes. One is an Redfield, BSA and 2 Weavers, but I have 10 Leupolds.

Andrew