Doemaster guides for Old Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Old Buck

Doemaster guides for Old Buck

Post by Old Buck »

We got to the bush real early to allow me lots of time to get to our destination still in the dark . :? In the dark he proceeded to drag me through some of the most tangled deadfalls . :shock:
But we got to where we needed to be while it was still dark and allowed me to catch my breath .
At about 5 minutes before legal light we heard our first gobbles of the morning . The other side of a 100 acre field . :? But in turn that woke up the others who were in the swamp with us .
After just a few gobbles Kevin says " Lets get up Dad and go after this bird " :shock: My first thought is are you nuts boy . I`m 70 plus years old , you have dragged me an hour plus through swamp and fallen down trees . Then you say lets Run and Gun !!!! :? :shock:
Well the gobbles did put some life into these old bones because I did get up and follow that long legged so in so !!! :)
We threaded our way ever so quietly (bull in a china shop I thought ) . But we got to a spot he thought might just work . I placed my chair at the base of the most uncomfortable tree he could of found . :) I got set and he proceeded to give the love lost gobbler some sweet talk . Which was cut off promptly by a double gobble and short breath , then another barrage of mad gobbling . :o
We only had to wait a minute or two for his fluorescent red ,white and blue head to come bobbing through the early morning light . But with his sixth sense he stopped behind a tree which was good because I was able to reposition my shotgun .
He stepped forward and with a cluck he craned his neck up to look . BOOM !!!!
At that moment it was all worth the long walk in and my first " Run and Gun " . :D
My shooting lanes or more like lack of . :)
My wobbly perch . :)
Kevin offered his prized necklaces before the hunt started so maybe some of the MOJO would work . And it did !!!! :)
My guide laying back and relaxing before he carried my bird out . We had to wait so as to not disturb my son Scott`s hunt . :)
When we got back to Kevin`s place I had a celebratory drink . :D
VixChix

Re: Doemaster guides for Old Buck

Post by VixChix »

CONGRATS!!! Way to chase that bird down!!! Keeping up with Kevin is a challenge sometimes. He gets moving and doesn't quit. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

It is not my fault that I have three speeds . Stop , walk , and turkey gobbling up ahead . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Doe Master wrote:It is not my fault that I have three speeds . Stop , walk , and turkey gobbling up ahead . :lol:
4 speeds: The last one is "shot a turkey" and it approaches warp speed and goes right through tree trunks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

Great story & pictures. Congrats on the turkey! It was nice of him to stop behind the tree so you could reposition.
A very good hunt I'd say. :D
Hoagy
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D met your son last year,heck of a nice guy. great job on the old tom's.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Congrats to you both.Sounds like a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

very nice!congrats on the bird!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's ! ... Cool story and pictures !

I hope I'm still mobile at 70 !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Close Up

Post by Close Up »

Good job dad! I wanna be you at 70+!!!