Prayers needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Close Up

Prayers needed

Post by Close Up »

This is Close_up's wife asking for you all to lend your thought and prayers for my cousin and her family.
My cousin was diagnosed last year with breast cancer. She went through many rounds with Chemo and finally had a double mastectomy earlier this year. Now she is finally recovered enough to begin her rounds with radiation.
Before leaving two weeks ago, (as she has to travel for her radiation) she discussed with her husband how her 6 year old son who had not been feeling very well for the past month or so. He wasn't really ill, seemed to have an ear infection and some tyoe of flu bug hanging on and not letting go.
She told her hubby on Wednesday before she left that if he wasn't feeling better while she was away then take him to the clinic.
On Thursday they spoke on the phone and hubby told her that all though their son wasn't better, he wasn't any worse either. She told her hubby to take him to the clinic anyhow. "And don't let them just look in his ear and send him home. Make them do some blood tests!"
So hubby took him in and told the Dr. to take blood tests. The Dr. wanted to know why they should take blood tests for a simple ear ache? Hubby said "Cause my wife said so!"
Well blood tests were taken and that night their child was taken by ambulance to the hospital and then airlifted to sick kids.
He has lukemia.
When first told about the cancer her son's response was "Wow I get to be a fighter like my mom!"
In the last week and a half he has undergone bone marrow tests, had portacaths put in and chemo treatments in full force.
Since these treatments have begun his comment was "I don't want to have cancer anymore!"
During this my cousin needs to leave him to do her own radiation treatments. She fought this at first until her Dr. sat her down and said your son needs you to get healthy for him. If you don't come for your treatments then you will get sick again and won't be any help for your child. So now she must leave her sick child to continue fighting for her own life.
Tonight they are at the Toronto Maple Leaf's game. (Compliments of her brother) and are carrying 2 signs.
Son's - I be Leaf (Toronto maple leaf)my mom and I
Mom's - CAN BOTH BEAT CANCER!
God bless you two and your family!
I be - LEAF too!
diesel

Re: Prayers needed

Post by diesel »

My thoughts and prayers are with them.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Will be adding them to my prayer's.
Good luck & God bless.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Prayers sent
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Saw the photo on Facebook. My heart goes out to the family. Will pray for healing!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Healing candle lit.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I will pray for him also. My cousin was just diagnosed with cancer in his lung and hip.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Our prayers being sent out for them, i hear so much of this now days. I am helpless to do anything fer ppl. whom have these things but we can certainly pray fer them & their familys
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bowmaker

Post by bowmaker »

What a horrific story! This cancer is so pervasive that every person either knows someone or is related to someone or like many of us are ourselves going through the trials of cancer treatment. I don't know where these folks are getting treatments, but I can HIGHLY recommend a radiation oncologist at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Mn. He has gotten me through radiation treatments and now hormone treatments for prostate cancer. Tell these wonderful people to keep up the fight. Since my diagnosis I have been given a couple of wall hangings with quotes from Abraham Lincoln. One says "it is not the number of years in your life that count, but the life in your years". The other one says " I have been many times driven upon my knees by the utter convection that I have no where else to go". Also remember that God will not take you any where that His grace won't protect you. Best wishes to both of these future cancer survivors!!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Such a terrible thing to happen. Such courage they have. God bless and prayers sent.
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

God bless the family . From my family to yours , may God be with you and help you in this battle. God is a good God.
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Prayers sent.
Scott
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Rhonda , I have been following your cousins cancer through you off and on . But when it hits a child it takes on a whole new level .
My thoughts are with both Mom and son .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

That is sad. My prayers, my heart, and thoughts go out to this family may they get a miracle healing and be cured of this terrible disease.
Raymond
mrxbower

Post by mrxbower »

Our thoughts and prayers are with them.
What does PETA stand for?" "People Eating Tasty Animals