LITTLE HELP FROM PEBBLES

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mrxbower

LITTLE HELP FROM PEBBLES

Post by mrxbower »

LITTLE HELP FROM PEBBLES Hi, it’s been a tough week. Went out to the game lands that i always hunt, the first day had a few gobble but no luck Monday morning my little girl pebbles got sick, our bichon. I didn’t go out Tuesday she got a little worst, Wednesday I had to take her to the vet and I knew it. I had to put our little girl to sleep. I was so heart broken and still am. My wife kept telling me to go out but I just didn’t feel like it, but on 5-6-2013 I did and thought to myself pebbles is going to get me a bird. I was walking to my spot and thinking about my little girl. I got to the field edge and boom there’s a gobble, across the creek. I cross over and go about 50 yds. And set up give a few purrs and clucks and he gobbles and double gobbles so I just sit tight and give a few purrs and he’s getting closer. I see him strutting at about 80 yds. Coming straight at me, he gets to about 50 yds. And veers off to my left thinking he’s going to circle me I switch positions and now all is quiet. So I move 40 yds and call again and he gobbles and I wait nothing I move another 40 yds and call and he gobbles so i just sit there and nothing two hours had passed. So I cross the creek and set up in the middle of the field in some pines and give a few calls nothing an hour passes and that bird across the creek sounds off again, I wait 10 min and again he gobbles. I grab all my stuff and cross the creek again but moved down 50 yds. From the early set up. I give a few calls and gobble gobble then five minutes I see a bird 50 yds. Out to my left couldn’t tell what it was then he gobbles straight up from me. We play for a bit then he heads to my right gobbling along the way. I move 40 yds. To my right and set up and call and he’s right there but I can’t see him he’s in some really thick pines. Then he’s up on top of the hill again so I move up in the pines he was in and give some soft purrs and gobble gobble. I put the call down and wait caught movement to my right and I see a big white head couldn’t see the beard, so he’s going from my right to left and I see the beard. I had two openings picked the first one and squeezed the trigger feathers flying everywhere. I jump up and grab him he’s flopping and two minutes later he’s done. Flip him over and to my surprise double bearded. Double beard my first, 9in. and 4 in. 24 lbs. 3\4 spurs. Game land bird. Thanks pebbles she always liked when I got one she would walk around it and sniff it and growl at it and lay down and watch it. And a picture of my little girl. Image Image Image
What does PETA stand for?" "People Eating Tasty Animals
mr meat

Re: LITTLE HELP FROM PEBBLES

Post by mr meat »

congrats on the turkey! sorry to here about the dog
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Were sorry to hear of yer Pebbles passin. So many of us have been in that situation wid our hairy children. Congrats on yer snurky & nice story of the Hunt
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D it's hard to lose part of the family, im sure she was rooting for you. great job on the old tom too.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sorry to hear you had to put your friend down. A turkey in her honour is a very fitting tribute. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads