Trading Post?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TheTinker

Trading Post?

Post by TheTinker »

There appears to be a surge in 'for sale' items being posted in the Crossbow Hunting area. Is it just me, or should those of us who are marketing an item be posting their wares for sale on the Trading Post?
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against marketing but maybe Crossbow Hunting should consist of other than "For Sale" postings?
Jus S'ain :?
kd8jgu

Re: Trading Post?

Post by kd8jgu »

I apologize for my leash post.
I am trying to find out if there would be an interest or ideas to better the item.
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just observing a general trend.
Thanks for acknowledging... :wink:
Tink
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I spect it would be better fer Sale & Trade items be posted in the Tradin Post. Contests/drawins & give aways is ok in General Forum
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Big John

Post by Big John »

I would agree on this. Keep the Sale and Promoting of Sale items or Trade in the Trader Forum. Even the Kudos given to one of their product should be kept in the same thread on Trader forum. And I'm not trying to say anything to anyone, but it's time to clean it. We all know it.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

TheTinker wrote:There appears to be a surge in 'for sale' items being posted in the Crossbow Hunting area. Is it just me, or should those of us who are marketing an item be posting their wares for sale on the Trading Post?
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against marketing but maybe Crossbow Hunting should consist of other than "For Sale" postings?
I've hesitated to reply to this thread.
I have to agree with the thread starter. The hunting forum is becoming littered. The trading post would be more appropriate place to show case strings, string colours, etc. I'm sure no one wants to see 4 or 5 string makers constantly showing everyone new colours and competing for business.
Please lets keep this forum a place for practical information.
Yes, I run tests on the hunting section but it costs me a terrible amount of money and they have historically been eye openers.
I am not telling anyone what to do and I don't want to cause fuss. I'm just pointing out a general trend that just might be inappropriate. Let your conscience be your guide. After all, we don't want to push the limits and be inundated with rules and moderators doing their thing.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Boo wrote:
TheTinker wrote:There appears to be a surge in 'for sale' items being posted in the Crossbow Hunting area. Is it just me, or should those of us who are marketing an item be posting their wares for sale on the Trading Post?
I've hesitated to reply to this thread.
I have to agree with the thread starter. The hunting forum is becoming littered. The trading post would be more appropriate place to show case strings, string colours, etc. I'm sure no one wants to see 4 or 5 string makers constantly showing everyone new colours and competing for business.
Please lets keep this forum a place for practical information.
Yes, I run tests on the hunting section but it costs me a terrible amount of money and they have historically been eye openers.
I am not telling anyone what to do and I don't want to cause fuss. I'm just pointing out a general trend that just might be inappropriate. Let your conscience be your guide. After all, we don't want to push the limits and be inundated with rules and moderators doing their thing.
TIME to step in and use the report button!!!
That's why it's there!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:I'm sure I'm guilty of some of this, and it will stop, at least from me posting in the general forum anything not related to hunting,and shooting. I apologize if i offended anyone.

Dan
Dan, I don't think anyone is offended and neither should they be. Observations are being made and some of us are voicing what we'd like to see. Believe it or not you are missing sales by not pushing your strings in the trading post. There are lots of people who are not members that just cruise through the trading post.
Now if you come up with something really different I'd like to see it on the main forum and then do like I do and send them out to a whack of people for testing. It might cost you quite a few bucks but if its really different and great then everyone benefits.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

xcaliber wrote:I'm sure I'm guilty of some of this, and it will stop, at least from me posting in the general forum anything not related to hunting,and shooting. I apologize if i offended anyone.

Dan
Your not the only fish in the stream Its sort of seems to be four or five that are guilty of it From what Ive seen your all good at what you do and the chips will fall were they lay I say we all leave it at that and dont cast any stones JMO
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Related question? Should build - alongs go on the crossbow hunting page? Should they go on a dedicated page or trading post etc...healthy discussion.

F
Boo

Post by Boo »

Galgo wrote:Related question? Should build - alongs go on the crossbow hunting page? Should they go on a dedicated page or trading post etc...healthy discussion.

F
Good question Frank. I am not the keeper but if you are asking how each individual feels then I like seeing it because it is informative and a few people learn from it.
rej

Post by rej »

I think that with all the input from very experienced people on here many of us newbs are trying things and getting excellent results and posting them with pride. I know I have learned a huge amount reading on here and have avoided many pitfalls. That says a lot about how good this forum is. I don't see anything wrong with introducing, whatever, if it relates to xbow hunting or use. The Trigger Tech trigger, Boo string or any number of things came to light for me on here. There is a member on here that gives away strings on a monthly draw. That kind of generosity is rare these days. I think the strong sense of community and for the most part good manners will let this issue self govern on this excellent forum, now that it has been mentioned.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

rej wrote:I think that with all the input from very experienced people on here many of us newbs are trying things and getting excellent results and posting them with pride. I know I have learned a huge amount reading on here and have avoided many pitfalls. That says a lot about how good this forum is. I don't see anything wrong with introducing, whatever, if it relates to xbow hunting or use. The Trigger Tech trigger, Boo string or any number of things came to light for me on here. There is a member on here that gives away strings on a monthly draw. That kind of generosity is rare these days. I think the strong sense of community and for the most part good manners will let this issue self govern on this excellent forum, now that it has been mentioned.

I tend to agree, have learned a awful lot in my 1st year on the forum.
Perhaps another "subforum" for crossbow related topics, not sales, political or hunting related.
Just a thought....
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Boo

Post by Boo »

Oppie wrote:
rej wrote:I think that with all the input from very experienced people on here many of us newbs are trying things and getting excellent results and posting them with pride. I know I have learned a huge amount reading on here and have avoided many pitfalls. That says a lot about how good this forum is. I don't see anything wrong with introducing, whatever, if it relates to xbow hunting or use. The Trigger Tech trigger, Boo string or any number of things came to light for me on here. There is a member on here that gives away strings on a monthly draw. That kind of generosity is rare these days. I think the strong sense of community and for the most part good manners will let this issue self govern on this excellent forum, now that it has been mentioned.

I tend to agree, have learned a awful lot in my 1st year on the forum.
Perhaps another "subforum" for crossbow related topics, not sales, political or hunting related.
Just a thought....
Great idea Oppie! Get rid of all the political garbage where friends and family can become enemies! :lol: :lol: :lol:
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

My thoughts are to much of anything no matter where it is posted can be to much at times and I think its ok to post I have this or that for sale in the hunting section but like I tell my wife (I Heard you the first Time) :lol: