Jake made me do it!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mrxbower

Jake made me do it!!!

Post by mrxbower »

Hi guys got to me parking spot at 5:05 putting my gear on and I hear a gobble down the road in the swamp that’s on private property. So I cross the road and enter the game lands and walk to the field and I hear him again. Cross the creek up the mountain find a nice spot set the decoy out and just wait and boom two gobblers so I cluck and do a fly down cackle and hit my hat on my leg and their going nuts. I get ready as it sounded like they were coming straight in. then they circled to my right and all is quiet. Half-hour later they’re gobbling to my left up towards the road. Then a dog starts barking and someone is running machinery and all is quiet. Sat there till 8:45 and started walking and calling nothing. So I went to my truck and moved to another spot about half-mile away walk in found a nice spot put the decoy out 20yds. In front of my sat down did some calls and I dozed off. Woke up picked my head up and thought I was seeing double blinked my eyes a few times and yep a Jake was pecking the decoy he stood there for 10 min didn’t make a peep, just pecking at the deek. My gun is on the ground next to me call is next to the gun he starts feeding and I reach over and put the call in my mouth and reach for the gun and he is staring at me so I froze, he started feeding again and I pick it up so slowly and he’s looking again I freeze with the gun feeds again and I get it sholdered and he’s right next to the deek for 10 min. then moves a few feet and I cluck at him he raises his head and boom down he goes. Only a Jake but filled my second tag. 5" beard little nub spurs. A little more help from Pebbles, Miss you big girl...
Last edited by mrxbower on Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What does PETA stand for?" "People Eating Tasty Animals
vixenmaster

Re: Jake made me do it!!!

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer snurky. Big or small they all end up comin fer dinner :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

CONGRATS!! Good work on not getting busted after your snoose getting the bow or gun up slowly is critical :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

congrats!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

CONGRATS!!!!!

Great hunt story too! :)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
roly

Post by roly »

Congrats on your jake
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Congrats, at least you filled the tag. And you folks are lucky because you have turkeys to hunt, some of us don't. We have to wait until the first of October to start upland game bird hunting.
Raymond