Excal Scope Warranty

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mr meat

Excal Scope Warranty

Post by mr meat »

The last day of turkey season had the Matrix 355 and it was raining so left my bow uncased till the next day!Picked up bow looked through Tac-Zone and went WHAT :shock: It was like looking at bubble wrap.Handed bow to Kath and said what do you see,same thing!Raining today so called excal and got Peter on the phone and told him the story.Jumped in car drove up to the plant walked in and he came out and looked through the scope and i think he said wow!.Handed me a paper to put my name and number and things on as he took my bow to the emergency room :lol: Five minutes or so he showed back with my 355 all set to go :D.We chatted for a bit and off we went,had not been there anymore than 20 minutes.Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Excalibur for being a top notch company! EXCAL YOUR #1
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Carnivorous

Re: Excal Scope Warranty

Post by Carnivorous »

Peter is top notch. I have dealt with him a few times and he went the extra mile to help me out.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sounds like a winner!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Peter is top notch. I have dealt with him a few times and he went the extra mile to help me out.
x2, great people!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

mr meat wrote:The last day of turkey season had the Matrix 355 and it was raining so left my bow uncased till the next day!Picked up bow looked through Tac-Zone and went WHAT :shock: It was like looking at bubble wrap.Handed bow to Kath and said what do you see,same thing!Raining today so called excal and got Peter on the phone and told him the story.Jumped in car drove up to the plant walked in and he came out and looked through the scope and i think he said wow!.Handed me a paper to put my name and number and things on as he took my bow to the emergency room :lol: Five minutes or so he showed back with my 355 all set to go :D.We chatted for a bit and off we went,had not been there anymore than 20 minutes.Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Excalibur for being a top notch company! EXCAL YOUR #1
Are you saying moisture from the rain was inside your Tact-Zone scope?

Andrew
Last edited by yooper_man on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Thats what we seem to think the problem was! was not there before and only had it out the once in the rain once!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

mr meat wrote:Thats what we seem to think the problem was! was not there before and only had it out the once in the rain once!
I know Excalibur replaced the scope for free and very quickly, but having moisture find it's way into the NEW Tact-Zone scope is quite disconcerting.

Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

They delivered my replacement scope right to me at Boo Fest last year, can't complain about that.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Dbl post :oops:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Couchguy

Post by Couchguy »

I was not as fortunate with the scope warranty on my 380. My scope has the fuzzies except if your eye finds the sweet spot and you get a clear picture. Definitely a problem but Dawn the service rep at Excalibur offered no help saying the short scopes are like that. So I have a bad scope and no sign of help. I definitely won't hunting any dangerous game with this thing. :(
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Couchguy wrote:I was not as fortunate with the scope warranty on my 380. My scope has the fuzzies except if your eye finds the sweet spot and you get a clear picture. Definitely a problem but Dawn the service rep at Excalibur offered no help saying the short scopes are like that. So I have a bad scope and no sign of help. I definitely won't hunting any dangerous game with this thing. :(
I suggest you call Danny Miller @ (740) 483-2312 he is a Excalibur dealer, maybe you can send in your Tact-Zone scope under warranty and upgrade to a Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm scope. I heard Danny Miller uses Leupold's, so he of all people will understand.

Andrew

roly

Post by roly »

I have never had a problem with my excal so I have never dealt with their warranty department. I read all the stories about the great warranty service

I find it odd that they would tell you, you'll have to live with it. :?
bobski

Post by bobski »

Best company I've dealt with to date!!! Had a new scope within a week...
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

my replacement scope will be back on tomorrow can't wait . yes you have to seek out the sweet spot. but I got use to that :D :D :roll:
gabowman

Post by gabowman »

Excal replaced my tact-zone scope when it was about 3 months old. Crosshairs were broken. No questions asked. :o