trail cam's up yet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

trail cam's up yet?

Post by xbowrook »

well, normally i would have ventured out to our hunting areas and spent a half day setting up trail cams and our bait area's.. but my job has had me busy and other things as well, but i tentatively booked next sunday as the day.. gonna get my sweetlix block, deer co'caine, batteries, trail cams, shovel and rake and head out to spend some time in field.. i saw a buck 2 weeks ago and had a nice little velvet coat rack on him.. hope to see what is out at the bush, seen some big boys there the past few years.. including some nice big boys on the trail cams.. any of you got yours out yet?
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade

Re: trail cam's up yet?

Post by newbie »

Mine went up turkey opening when I went out. April 27.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

working on it,maybe next week
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Mine have been out all year. Been too busy to get to the woods to check them. I'm sure it will take hours to view the thousands of pictures on my 4 cameras.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Keep mine out 11 month's of the year, only bring em in for Dec. rifle season here in Pa. Got some nice horn growth started :lol: here.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Allan

Post by Allan »

On that thought, I want to get a new trail cam this year, What are your suggestions?

Is it important to have that "blacklight" flash?
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Allan wrote:On that thought, I want to get a new trail cam this year, What are your suggestions?

Build your own! Then you can get what you want, and fix your own, best customer service going!

Blacklight? Depends on who you ask. My feeling is elevate your cams to look downward on trails, flash from above doesn't bother deer nearly as much as a flash in the face :mrgreen: Just my opinion which with a dollar bill will get ya a cup of coffee...... maybe.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
ranger

Post by ranger »

I've hunted the same woods now for 16 yrs so i do not put cam's up, have the deer movement down pretty good, i still have a 35mm camera new in the box hahaha, i also have a couple new digital cam's still in the box that were on sale for around 100 bucks a couple yrs ago for the just in case thing.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mine stays out at the Feeder all yr. I am not gettin many deer pics. I had the yogi come thru & he left, but i have several wild dogs that visit my feeder fairly often!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

ranger wrote:I've hunted the same woods now for 16 yrs so i do not put cam's up, have the deer movement down pretty good, i still have a 35mm camera new in the box hahaha, i also have a couple new digital cam's still in the box that were on sale for around 100 bucks a couple yrs ago for the just in case thing.
Ranger, I've hunted the same woods since 99. You might be surprised to see what you're not seeing. Every year, I get a few pictures of monsters that I have never seen. Got 1 picture 2 years ago of a buck that made me have nightmares. Been hunting him ever since,without ever getting another picture of him. My neighbor killed him last November. He said that he didn't think that there were any deer that big on his property. My cameras have made a believer out of me.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
ranger

Post by ranger »

UPSMAN wrote:
ranger wrote:I've hunted the same woods now for 16 yrs so i do not put cam's up, have the deer movement down pretty good, i still have a 35mm camera new in the box hahaha, i also have a couple new digital cam's still in the box that were on sale for around 100 bucks a couple yrs ago for the just in case thing.
Ranger, I've hunted the same woods since 99. You might be surprised to see what you're not seeing. Every year, I get a few pictures of monsters that I have never seen. Got 1 picture 2 years ago of a buck that made me have nightmares. Been hunting him ever since,without ever getting another picture of him. My neighbor killed him last November. He said that he didn't think that there were any deer that big on his property. My cameras have made a believer out of me.
The owner of the property has a camera up and there is a big buck walking through in the middle of the night, I have seen the tracks but i'm more of a doe getter for the most part, i see turkeys,yotes,fox.coon,skunks,Eagles,duck,and geese when i go out and sit, no bear around us so for the most part its un eventfull...Just not in the right part of the county or state.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i put one up in june and will retrieve it in aug as i dont like to disturb that area.... have another one in a diff location that i check frequently....i mostly get the same deer but come the rut i get this one deer that shows on cam about the same day or very close to it every year ....get lots of other critters to whick is cool, moose bear, rabbits, coons, birds
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

will put mine up the first week of july. i am disabled and hunt permanent stands so my camera is only up to see what prospects might be headed to my freezer
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Allan wrote:On that thought, I want to get a new trail cam this year, What are your suggestions?

As oppie mentioned I put my cams about 8ft up and very rarely do I have a pic of a deer looking up at my cams, plus it keeps the cams out of view and harder to steal without a ladder. That being said I think black light models are well suited when taking video when the I.R is on for some length of time compared to when its set to photos.

I like Spypoint cameras, a Canadian company that make goods cams and are Very easy to use, and not to expensive, and has good customer service.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D we have 4 cams up for 2 months now. seen deer,turkeys,crows,racoons,even a nice black bear!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.