4 Tree Rats pic

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

4 Tree Rats pic

Post by vixenmaster »

Went this mornin & gotstid 4 more of'em.
http://s15.photobucket.com/user/smokepo ... d.jpg.html]Image
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
_woods

Re: 4 Tree Rats pic

Post by _woods »

Looks like the 'ol hound is ready for a snack!

...dog appears to be up to no good as well! :D
2012 Eclipse
Home-brewed D10 Flemish string
GT II III w/ 175 'Tricks
automated11

Post by automated11 »

Nice set of tree rats Mike. Bet they will be tasty.
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Josey Pie is me young puggle, she likes to squirrel hunt. Plus she is great blood trailer, she is a Keeper :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Man I can't get over how big them there tree rascals are. My Mike, them will be good eating I bet, just one must make a meal for one person? I have never tried our little squirrels around here but if you folks can eat them, then I am sure that I can eat the squirrels around here. I have to give them a try. They are a lot smaller than yours though. I must first check and make sure that it is legal for me to kill squirrels first. As a kid, we used to go through the woods and shoot them with our pellet and BB guns, for their tails and we could sell their skins and we never got into trouble so it must be legal to shoot them. Unless the laws have changed, I will check before I shoot any.
Thanks,
Raymond
automated11

Post by automated11 »

Raymond, Tree rats taste great! If you don't know how to skin them they are a PITA! But do some research and you will see they can be very easy, do a search on youtube. Anyway just skin, clean, and quarter them and put them in a slow cooker with a can of mushroom soup and a little water and you will have a fine meal over biscuits! The bones literally fall off the meat and mostly to the bottom of the cooker, when you spread the meat/gravy over biscuits you can easily see any bones and pick them out.
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

automated11 wrote:Raymond, Tree rats taste great! If you don't know how to skin them they are a PITA! But do some research and you will see they can be very easy, do a search on youtube. Anyway just skin, clean, and quarter them and put them in a slow cooker with a can of mushroom soup and a little water and you will have a fine meal over biscuits! The bones literally fall off the meat and mostly to the bottom of the cooker, when you spread the meat/gravy over biscuits you can easily see any bones and pick them out.
Jason, my mouth is watering already. I have to go and get me some of them critters. I am going to do some research on youtube and then go and fetch me some of them critters, and do what you said to do with them. Man I can really taste them already. What about pan frying like fried chicken, are they any good like that?
Thanks,
Raymond
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Headshots I hope with that fine looking rig! I hate to eat anything with shotgun pellets in it. my one son shoots all his squirrels behind the front shoulder just like deer. I don,t know why ? but it,s headshot or miss for me with a good 22
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

All I cant think of is YUM YUM
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Masboy wrote:Headshots I hope with that fine looking rig! I hate to eat anything with shotgun pellets in it. my one son shoots all his squirrels behind the front shoulder just like deer. I don,t know why ? but it,s headshot or miss for me with a good 22

Yup head shots wid me Mrs. Ruger 10/22, it were her Birthday present, really. She is gettin mine this week a Savage Mark II FV fer my Birthday which has past abit ago.
Half Bubble Off BD360

Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Well Folks,
For me, I got a plain jane $40, .177 calibre air rifle pellet gun. That is what I will go squirrel hunting with. It should knock a few of them there little delights down to the ground for me, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . The other couple of guns are too big for squirrels.
Thanks,
Raymond
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Raymond wrote:Well Folks,
For me, I got a plain jane $40, .177 calibre air rifle pellet gun. That is what I will go squirrel hunting with. It should knock a few of them there little delights down to the ground for me, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . The other couple of guns are too big for squirrels.
Thanks,
Raymond
Pellet & air guns do well on the rats, i don't own either. Our last 22's were Ruger 10/22 from the 70's & our boys got them. So we jus shot the rats wid me 16ga pumpgun. Shells be costin too much fer it to waste on a rat! :) I don't like the heavy pull on her Ruger so its a Savage fer me
Half Bubble Off BD360

j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Very nice indeed! Looks like the Ruger is holding her own. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The Ruger & i gotstid 4 more this mornin. They all be in the pot, ummmm! 23 so fer this season. I remember the Fall of 66 before i went into the Arny in 67. I killed 188 tree rats!
Half Bubble Off BD360

Masboy

Post by Masboy »

That,s a lot of squirrels! I never forget when I was about 12 my dad got me a winchester single shot 22 an sum super x 22 shells an I was in pig heaven!!!!! an many a squirrel bit the dust from it. some of my best hunting ever!!!!!