String and serving

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

steve rodo

String and serving

Post by steve rodo »

I had to serve the string more then it was ,cause it was slapping the stops hard . Started to see some premature wear, so I served 1.5 '' more on each side of the original string serving.Will they come out with a new string with longer servings for the string slap too the stoppers?
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Boo

Re: String and serving

Post by Boo »

steve rodo wrote:I had to serve the string more then it was ,cause it was slapping the stops hard . Started to see some premature wear, so I served 1.5 '' more on each side of the original string serving.Will they come out with a new string with longer servings for the string slap too the stoppers?
It sounds like your REDS bumpers have been cut through and need replacement. You should have about 1/4" gap between the rubber bumpers and the string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

They are not cut through.Ive had 1/8 '' consistent ,Guess ill take it to 1/4 '' and see what happens.I have right at 300 arras through it so far .
Even though my string is broke in ,Its 1/8 '' from reds.At first i had a 1/4 '' to start .It dosent move any more .Pretty stable now and consistent .

Thanks
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

Boo

Post by Boo »

Steve, I have about 300 arras shot on one of my Matrix bows with not much showing. Are you waxing the string?
BTW that part of the string can be served with something like Fast Flight string material.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

I ended serving another 1' beyond the original serve.My string is set in stone now ,dosent move an '' .Stretched as much as it can ,

I really like to have a custom sting .
Im reading about custom strings here .Just wonder if they are pre stretched when made .Like my compound's are.

I need a string builder for my X-Bow. matrix 380, pm me please.

On my strothers and elites i have custom string and buss.

Delete if not in right place

Happy Shootin.
Steve

Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I do the same it saves the string it may cost a sec or two on over all FPS but string wear is worse IMHO
Tenpoint Matrix
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

I do wax my string like clock work ,I rub it in till my fingers burn hot doing it ,I wax every 15 arras or so .if this is right ,im hopping.Im just not much on the ex calibur wax though .My friend gave me some stuff i also use for my other bows .It dosent fling off as easy per say.

the canuck

Post by the canuck »

Boo wrote:
steve rodo wrote:I had to serve the string more then it was ,cause it was slapping the stops hard . Started to see some premature wear, so I served 1.5 '' more on each side of the original string serving.Will they come out with a new string with longer servings for the string slap too the stoppers?
It sounds like your REDS bumpers have been cut through and need replacement. You should have about 1/4" gap between the rubber bumpers and the string.
I have no gap between my bumpers and string on my 380.

Post by newbie »

the canuck wrote:
Boo wrote:
I have no gap between my bumpers and string on my 380.
adjust your string so you have a gap. you will wear your bumpers out in a hurry. right now with my tink style stops I'm running almost half inch gap.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
the canuck

Post by the canuck »

So when I adjust the string you mean tighten it a little and that will create that gap?
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

the canuck wrote:So when I adjust the string you mean tighten it a little and that will create that gap?
Just give 2 twist ,and you should be good .Is your string stretched out yet?It took 50 arras to let my factory string set in where it dosent move any more .Ive got a custom coming monday so the factory is coming off anyhow .
yes to your ?? it will create a gap .

the canuck

Post by the canuck »

Just give 2 twist ,and you should be good .Is your string stretched out yet?It took 50 arras to let my factory string set in where it dosent move any more .Ive got a custom coming monday so the factory is coming off anyhow .
yes to your ?? it will create a gap .[/quote]
How will I know when the string is stretched out, the gap remains the same?
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

the canuck wrote:Just give 2 twist ,and you should be good .Is your string stretched out yet?It took 50 arras to let my factory string set in where it dosent move any more .Ive got a custom coming monday so the factory is coming off anyhow .
yes to your ?? it will create a gap .
How will I know when the string is stretched out, the gap remains the same?[/quote]

It will constant gap that wont move ,stay the same gap .You may have to do it a few times but it will max out on the stretch .you will see it ,i assure you.When the gap stays the same it is done stretched out .
I had to twist mine 15 times to get it to stay the same .
You will also have to shorten your string changer as you go shorter each time .Its a pain but it works .I ended up putting 13 twist in the factory string .Some are more or less ,Just keep 13.1'' on the power stroke.no matter what happens .

13 twist
13.1 stroke
how dat work out .

:lol: :lol:

the canuck

Post by the canuck »

I will do that thanks for your help!! :)
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

the canuck wrote:I will do that thanks for your help!! :)

It will work out for ya .just have patience ,Breaking the new string in is a pain ,but once done ,it will drive tacks .I like to run at least 50 to 100 bolts through a new string .Then i know its ready .Thats the worst part about crossbows ,breaking the string in ,after that its hit what you aim at .