355 trouble

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

KGDPD

355 trouble

Post by KGDPD »

Just got my new limbs on, after I dry fired. I also bought the anti dryfire and installed that also. 1st shot low but on center. 2nd shot way left . 3rd shot the same. 4th shot went 4 feet in front of me and sounded real funny. checked the limbs and found a crack under the tip! String was stopped by the anti dryfire. What happened? I can't see that I did anything. My faith is greatly shaken. Maybe its time to cut my losses. :x
KGDPD

Re: 355 trouble

Post by KGDPD »

Yeah, that's the sensible thing to do. I'm just hot right now and need to calm down before I do anything in haste. Just p's me off. Last one was my fault, I don't think this one was. Funny thing too was I looked at the limbs before I put them on and 1 under the tip had what looked like an air hole? it had a small gap right at the start of the tip. I thought it was maybe part of what looks like normal with the cosmetic imperfections on the limbs. But that was the limb that cracked. Also the limbs had #'s on them that didn't match like the old ones did. These had the # 93 and the other had 93.4 or something like that. I still have them attached. curious as to what they mean. I'll get an answer tomorrow.
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I suggest that you call Danny & send him the crossbow. He will make it right.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I can understand that your mad. Good idea to calm down first. One great thing that you have going for you is Excaliburs customer service. Please keep us update on your problem and I'm sure the folks at Excalibur will take care of you.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hello KGDPD,
I feel for you buddy. I would be ANGRY and UPSET also if I were in your shoes, I don't blame you for feeling like that and neither does Excalibur Crossbow INC.

But by having worked in the retail market and having sold the Excalibur Crossbows to customers and also owning Excalibur crossbows, I know what to expect from them in regards to customer service and warranty. Have faith in your Matrix crossbow, and have faith in Excalibur HQ's. They will stand by their product and their customers and treat you right.

I am so sorry though for your troubles at the moment. It is a good idea to listen and take all of these friends advice that we are offering for you at this time. We are all here to help you friend.

Thanks,
Raymond
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sounds like you had a partial dry-fire. Operator error saved by your ADF.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

.5 difference in limbs is acceptable. That is the deflection on your limbs. There is .5 difference in my limbs as well. I have no idea what happened but my GUESS is you might of had the arrow up against the ADF and not the string. ADF catches the string and had enough force to bump the arrow away from the bow.

Either way this should be under warranty as the ADF caught the string. Call Danny or Excalibur and I'm sure they will take care of you.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Boo

Post by Boo »

One thing to do is to check the tension of the arrow retainer. At rest without an arrow, the arm should almost touch the deck. I've bent them a whole bunch when I first started.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

KGDPD wrote:Just got my new limbs on, after I dry fired. I also bought the anti dryfire and installed that also. 1st shot low but on center. 2nd shot way left . 3rd shot the same. 4th shot went 4 feet in front of me and sounded real funny. checked the limbs and found a crack under the tip! String was stopped by the anti dryfire. What happened? I can't see that I did anything. My faith is greatly shaken. Maybe its time to cut my losses. :x
Completely not your fault.

Sounds too me Excalibur sent you a faulty replacement limb. I believe the imperfect limb caused your accuracy problem and failed in the end to have enough power to send your arrow to your target, so the ADF device caught your slowed string.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
KGDPD

Post by KGDPD »

Here's the latest: Dawn is sending me new limbs. That is great customer service. Also after removing the limbs, Idiscovered the other limb was cracked in the same spot as the other. Also 1 limb is splintered on the underside along side the bolt hole. I thought that's what the ADF is for, to prevent damage. In that case, I did less damage the 1st time without the ADF. Also my 1st shot was on target except low. The next 2 shots were nearly off the target. It acted as if a scope mounting problem. I believe the limbs broke on that 1st. shot, as yooper man suggested. I don't think it was operator error in this case.
KGDPD

Post by KGDPD »

I did check the arrow retainer and that is ok. Tension is correct and holds the arrow correctly. To be sure I also listen for the 2 clicks when cocking the bow. My experience has been that when the bow is improperly cocked and not engaging the trigger, the bow cannot be fired until you recock the bow by pulling your string back engaging the trigger. I find a partial dry fire highly unlikely.