Bumper Harvest!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Bumper Harvest!

Post by IronNoggin »

Garlic was ready right early this year! Good thing I had a day down to deal with them!

Bumper Harvest alright! Damn near covered the entire table!

Hands are all oily from handling them, and of course I had to have a nibble. SPICY! Excellent!! :D

Now looking forward to Hunting Season for some Fine Venison to mix with these into sausage!! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
JT of PA

Re: Bumper Harvest!

Post by JT of PA »

Can smell the garlic through the computer screen ... well done! :lol:

Post by newbie »

now that makes me jealous! Nice job! I forgot to plant mine in the fall I was too busy chasing Mr. 8point .
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Nice haul, your lucky, here in Quebec wild garlic was declared an endangered species back in 1995 , so legally we are only allowed to pick 50 bulbs :(
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like some good spice to add to the sausage!
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice! That's some plump looking heads there.
You can NEVER have too much garlic! :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Bullzeye wrote:Nice haul, your lucky, here in Quebec wild garlic was declared an endangered species back in 1995 , so legally we are only allowed to pick 50 bulbs :(
These are not "wild". They are a strain specifically developed by a Buddy to do well here on Vancouver Island. Had a long strip of "wasted" space running along the fence with a southern exposure. Went out to the bush, cut a huge pile of logs, brought them home and trimmed them down to berm that area, then added a huge pile of fish composted soil from the local composting site. Beefed that up with a little manure and a fair amount of Bone Meal, and Walla! Explosive Growth! Worked so well I am adding a second lower berm for next season. Should then be producing around 400 or so plants rather than the 200 seen here...
j.krug wrote:Nice! That's some plump looking heads there.
You can NEVER have too much garlic! :D
aYup, they turned out Most Excellent! And I STRONGLY Concur! There is No Such Thing as Too Much Garlic!! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I agree, never can you have to much garlic. After all, you need it to keep those vampires away, :lol: :lol: :lol: . Yummy. Looks good.
I will be planting a batch of garlic for ourselves this fall also. I have a good friend that grows all of his own meats, fruits and vegetables and he will have all the extra garlic bulbs to spare that I will need to plant myself a bed of garlic this fall. I used to plant a complete garden for our own use every year, but do to my health I can no longer manage to plant and take care of a garden anymore. Boy do I miss having our own fresh vegetable garden.
Thanks,
Raymond
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

when I seen title "bumper harvest" I thought deer by car harvest :lol: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
maple

Post by maple »

MMMmmmm!! Nice looking harvest there Noggin. They look good and plump! I can tell it's a hard neck variety, how many cloves per head?
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple